We want Dreyfus out.

There are 5 players from that team not here today.

Stewart has not been replaced.
Ballard has replaced Wright
Hume has replaced Gooch though was available
Jobe has replaced Pritchard
Bath is not replaced

Neil is clearly better since he couldn't get in the team and now can
Same with Clark

I make that, just out of that team, 5 improvements, one issue and one arguable.

In addition there's Ekwah and Alesse.
Also Patterson is clearly better. I'd say Onien is too.

It's harder to pick successes in the last year. Which is where I think the problem is.

I think we've made a mistake in letting Gooch and Bath go at the same time. And not signing a striker last January was criminal.

I think this January shows they were trying to get back to the previous successes (I.e. young players with English football background or experience) and I'm interested to know how they go in the summer.

We need another summer of Evans/Pritchard/Bath type signings. If we get that and an actual goalscoring centre forward I think all the rest of what we need is in place.

I'm sorry but, you included, anyone that doesn't think the summer after we got promoted wasn't a good transfer window is an idiot.

We signed Clark, Roberts, Ballard, Simms, Amad in that summer. We also signed some players for the future. Some of them have worked (Alesse) some haven't (Bennette)
You have completely missed the point which for someone who labelled people as idiots is a tad ironic.

The point was how have we improved the starting eleven that played in the playoff final.

I’d say from that side we haven’t adequately replaced Stewart, Evans or Pritchard and if you look at the last three transfer windows (January 2023, Summer 2023 and January 2024) they have in the whole been extremely poor.

I don't think he or anyone else needs any excuse beyond wanting to spend time with his young family mate. He can miss the match for a few weeks

If he was only the owner I'd agree but he's not he's also in a management role. The last time I checked, having a kid doesn't give you an excuse to have months off work. The lack of leadership is a serious problem at the club currently which means Speakman has way too much power.

The Black Cat bar fiasco, for example, is a result of lack of leadership.

Last edited:
If he was only the owner I'd agree but he's not he's also in a management role. The last time I checked, having a kid doesn't give you an excuse to have months off work. The lack of leadership is a serious problem at the club currently which means Speakman has way too much power.
Last time I checked working from home is quite common and easily done. And that's without knowing if he is in the office week days.

Ballard & Amad are the only players signed since the play off final that would get into that team, our squad has regressed alarmingly since then
Ballard & Amad are the only players signed since the play off final that would get into that team, our squad has regressed alarmingly since then
Its canny that you can ignore all the players in that play off final who were signed when he was here, any agenda?

Last time I checked working from home is quite common and easily done. And that's without knowing if he is in the office week days.

Then people wonder why there's incompetence like the Black Cat fiasco happening when the boss is more bothered about sitting at home for months because he has a kid. Great way to get morale up while your working your arse off on the premises.

Then people wonder why there's incompetence like the Black Cat fiasco happening when the boss is more bothered about sitting at home for months because he has a kid. Great way to get morale up while your working your arse off on the premises.
Don’t remember Ellis Short being at the match every week.

Don’t remember Ellis Short being at the match every week.

Ellis Short wasn't part of the management, that was Bain / Byrne's job.

imo he needs to hire a Byrne or Bain (not them mind) to actually run the club, then take a backseat as he clearly doesn't have the experience to run it himself.

Last edited:

Back