We need to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club are talking to agents of players man FFS, nothing rarely gets done quickly in any league!

Decent players will always have more than one club interested, we note our interest and let the player know how much we are willing to pay, they then go on to the next interested club and see what is on offer there....it's takes time and it's not just down to our owners, we'll have to wait on agents and then do more negotiations on top of that.

People really need to calm down and have a bit of patience, it will take as long as it takes and it won't be because our club is holding things up.

I'm amazed how offended and touchy you get when people dare question some owners.

It's bizarre.

Everybody knows that the last week of the transfer window is when things get hectic. Teams won't let players go until replacements are found, and it also bumps up the prices for those teams in dire need of players. This happens every season. Why are people surprised?

If anything we've done well to get 5/6 players in the door during the World Cup. Haway the Don!

#L1champions

I'm amazed how offended and touchy you get when people dare question some owners.

It's bizarre.

I'm not offended or touchy, I'm just amazed you won't get behind the new owners who have a f***ing monumental job on their hands and instead come on here to moan and groan at how easy it should be.

Bizarre indeed.

The club are talking to agents of players man FFS, nothing rarely gets done quickly in any league!

Decent players will always have more than one club interested, we note our interest and let the player know how much we are willing to pay, they then go on to the next interested club and see what is on offer there....it's takes time and it's not just down to our owners, we'll have to wait on agents and then do more negotiations on top of that.

People really need to calm down and have a bit of patience, it will take as long as it takes and it won't be because our club is holding things up.
I get it lots of supporters get it but we been here before we must get out of the league at the first attempt and if that means spending a couple of million then Donald needs to let us know it's happening and soon, as it takes time for players to gel we can't afford to loose many opening games but I get what you are saying

I get it lots of supporters get it but we been here before we must get out of the league at the first attempt and if that means spending a couple of million then Donald needs to let us know it's happening and soon, as it takes time for players to gel we can't afford to loose many opening games but I get what you are saying

The club are talking to players whilst we speak mate, SD can't force them to sign a contract quickly. Any decent player will have a number of suitors and his agent will speak with all of them and play each club off each other until the best deal is reached.

In a perfect world, you'd speak to the player, no other clubs would be interested and he'd sign that day but I think we're all wise enough to know that doesn't happen and that agents and clubs will be vastly overpricing their players because it's Sunderland.

We can't go back to those days of being a roll over and just giving what club's and players want, that's what's fucked the club over for years! our new owners are making a stand and it's got to be done.

Just keep the faith mate, 4 weeks in football is a very long time andd this transfer window hasn't started for a lot of club's yet, not just ours.

I'm not offended or touchy, I'm just amazed you won't get behind the new owners who have a f***ing monumental job on their hands and instead come on here to moan and groan at how easy it should be.

Bizarre indeed.

People are asking perfectly reasonable questions in a calm and rational way, and you just lose it.

Just because they are new doesn't mean they are getting everything right you know.

The club don’t pay short £40m.
There are still a big chunk of costs that require paying from the £50m. I believe the plan is to leave as much of it as possible to invest in the future when it should be more required.

I imagine the capital payments into the club (transfer fees and parachute) will be used in 3 ways.
1. To cover debts owed to other clubs for players/paying players off.
2. To cover the shortfall in income as against expenditure (though this is rapidly dropping)
3. To fund Short's 40m price, one way or another.

There is no way on earth that the owners are putting 40m of their own cash in as equity or paying it directly to Short without it being funded from the club one way or another.

We know the share price is secured on the stadium and on the parachute payments.

It would be great if they did and we really did get to use all the parachute payments, but that won't be how the deal is structured. They have bought through a new holding company, so the purchase price is the responsibility of the topco in a group, not Stu personally.

Everybody knows that the last week of the transfer window is when things get hectic. Teams won't let players go until replacements are found, and it also bumps up the prices for those teams in dire need of players. This happens every season. Why are people surprised?

If anything we've done well to get 5/6 players in the door during the World Cup. Haway the Don!

#L1champions
Give over man, fucks the world cup got to do with bringing players in? Atm we're behind the likes of Peterborough. Established league one teams, clicking our heels.

Give over man, fucks the world cup got to do with bringing players in? Atm we're behind the likes of Peterborough. Established league one teams, clicking our heels.
Lots of players, managers, chairmen only got back from holiday last week. Our own chairman was off to Russia earlier this week, as were probably many others. It will have undoubtedly had a knock on effect on transfers.

Good on Peterborough, who btw have signed 5 players from L2 that no fucker wants. They're also about to lose their best 2 players Maddison and Marriot. Fuck Peterborough, why compare us to them?

Lots of players, managers, chairmen only got back from holiday last week. Our own chairman was off to Russia earlier this week, as were probably many others. It will have undoubtedly had a knock on effect on transfers.

Good on Peterborough, who btw have signed 5 players from L2 that no fucker wants. They're also about to lose their best 2 players Maddison and Marriot. Fuck Peterborough, why compare us to them?
Because we're competing with them next season, already an established team in this league with a bellend manager, also I live in Peterborough, I've got to put up this lot all season. Atm they've got Marriott, godden, cummings up front. We've got Maja and a trialist ffs.

Because we're competing with them next season, already an established team in this league with a bellend manager, also I live in Peterborough, I've got to put up this lot all season. Atm they've got Marriott, godden, cummings up front. We've got Maja and a trialist ffs.
Marriot is off, as is Maddison. SD reckons we could have "6 or so" players in in the next week/2 weeks. Did you see the tweet thread? He knows we need players, the club knows where we need players. He just asks for a bit patience.

Surely we can give the bloke a bit time? Rome wasn't built in a day.

Marriot is off, as is Maddison. SD reckons we could have "6 or so" players in in the next week/2 weeks. Did you see the tweet thread? He knows we need players, the club knows where we need players. He just asks for a bit patience.

Surely we can give the bloke a bit time? Rome wasn't built in a day.
Mate, that's fair dos. I hope we deliver.

People are asking perfectly reasonable questions in a calm and rational way, and you just lose it.

Just because they are new doesn't mean they are getting everything right you know.

I'm glad we have you to be calm and rational and not have a prejudgement that you're seeking to validate.

The Sun didn't leave his wife for a stripper like

does sound like a sleazy bloke mind, am not sure he is my kind

Wey he is still going out with a stripper like

doesn't make him a bad person like, but sort of fits in with the image I already have of him

The Sun has had to issue a retraction and pay his legal fees.

They have 5 players on big money and they got a massive club for cheap and debt free

I have no f***ing sympathy for them, all the players will leave eventually

Pay that your f***ing selves

Did they want him to wipe their arse too??

f***ing joke having this lad on trial, owners not sticking to their promises so far.

Or maybe they are trying to spend absolutely none of their own money.

So no f***ing different to Short then

Hope you were defending him as strongly

Somehow I doubt it :lol:

Worrying.

Sunderland are facing cash-flow problems only one month after Stewart Donald's takeover of the club, with the new owner speaking to seven financiers about securing loans to help kick-start his regime.

What the fuck?

Sunderland may tackle cash-flow issue with loans

Short wiped away the debt, gave the club away for fuck all and we are selling players for decent money

I’m sure they can fuckin Cope they’ve barely spent a penny yet

Calm and rational indeed. I'd hate to see you flustered.

Was getting back into coming on here, but I tell you what there’s some tight melts on this board. Grown blokes bitching because we haven’t signed 40 millions worth of players. f***ing hell, worse thing is the chairman’s probably read it.

Reactions: Gaz
I'm glad we have you to be calm and rational and not have a prejudgement that you're seeking to validate.

The Sun has had to issue a retraction and pay his legal fees.

Calm and rational indeed. I'd hate to see you flustered.

A lot of people don't agree with you, you need to get over it like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back