We have'nt lost vs Skunks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think everyone answered the question for me :lol:

Lets see if you dont indulge in some small club mentality tomorrow night eh?

We relegated you. On the night. Thats going to linger for quite some years.
You're going down with the Boro in spectacular style as we go up. Not as good as 1997 mind, toon getting second in the Prem on last day and reached Champions League, Sunderland and Boro went down.

You're going down with the Boro in spectacular style as we go up. Not as good as 1997 mind, toon getting second in the Prem on last day and reached Champions League, Sunderland and Boro went down.

You spent £50 million in the process on a bunch of players who will achieve nothing for you next year.

:lol::lol::lol:

Deluded.

Pity all these knackers are coming back out of the woodwork like.
How much would Ritchie and Gayle realise in the current market bearing in mind how much a less effective older striker like McCormack went for? Not much of a stretch to get 15-20m for the other 9. Would easily clear 50m total even if we took a loss on the likes of Sels, Hanley, Murphy and Lazaar. Moyes will probably be front of the queue for one or two :cool:

I see your lot were singing about little old Sunlun loads last night. What was that about a small club mentality?

How is it unrivalled when Newcastle were unbeaten in 9 games (6 wins, 3 draws) between 2001 and 2008. The only differences were the 6 wins were split by one draw after the 5th win and nobody was singing about 5 in a row. Its your small club mentality coming through again. As I said before remove the host and the parasite quickly dies. Sunderland have no purpose without Newcastle.
Which is odd, considering that our highest league finish in the last 15 years, came in a season when Newcastle were in the Championship (again). As has been pointed out to you, your run against us between 2001 and 2008 came at a time where (all bar 1 of those seasons) Newcastle were a vastly superior team. There hasn't been much between us in recent years, we've been fairly even barring a freak season you had under Pardew, and yet you have consistently flopped in the derby games year after year. You've won 2 derbies in what will be 10 years, as of next year - and both of them were more than 6 years ago.

I should also remind you, that in that (what will be) 10 years, we'll have spent 1 season outside of the topflight (next season) and you have already spent 2. You've been relegated twice since the last time we went down; just because you've managed to finish runner-up with the most expensively assembled squad in 2nd tier history, I wouldn't get carried away with that achievement. There'll have been games this season where you've had 1 substitute who cost more than the opposition's matchday squad, stadium and tea lady's salary combined ;)

At least we had a few years when we were their rivals. Finishing 3rd, 5th, 2nd and 2nd again behind Man U and ahead of the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool is something you will never experience at Sunderland. You nearly had an open top bus around Roker when Reidy got you to 7th :oops:. Even that knacker P45DUE got us to 5th and don't even mention Europe. How many times have you played there now?
We've finished ahead of Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and yourselves at least six times off the top of my head.

How much would Ritchie and Gayle realise in the current market bearing in mind how much a less effective older striker like McCormack went for? Not much of a stretch to get 15-20m for the other 9. Would easily clear 50m total even if we took a loss on the likes of Sels, Hanley, Murphy and Lazaar. Moyes will probably be front of the queue for one or two :cool:
You quite possibly wont be making any transfers for a while, you stinking ****

You quite possibly wont be making any transfers for a while, you stinking ****
Keep clutching. I suspect there will be plenty more collars getting felt soon, so unless they're going to relegate all the Premier League teams I suspect this will peter out.

We've finished ahead of Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and yourselves at least six times off the top of my head.
Aye but tv hadn't been invented then. At least I've seen this with my own eyes.

Which is odd, considering that our highest league finish in the last 15 years, came in a season when Newcastle were in the Championship (again). As has been pointed out to you, your run against us between 2001 and 2008 came at a time where (all bar 1 of those seasons) Newcastle were a vastly superior team. There hasn't been much between us in recent years, we've been fairly even barring a freak season you had under Pardew, and yet you have consistently flopped in the derby games year after year. You've won 2 derbies in what will be 10 years, as of next year - and both of them were more than 6 years ago.

I should also remind you, that in that (what will be) 10 years, we'll have spent 1 season outside of the topflight (next season) and you have already spent 2. You've been relegated twice since the last time we went down; just because you've managed to finish runner-up with the most expensively assembled squad in 2nd tier history, I wouldn't get carried away with that achievement. There'll have been games this season where you've had 1 substitute who cost more than the opposition's matchday squad, stadium and tea lady's salary combined ;)
And in the 10 years you refer to Newcastle have finished ahead of Sunderland 6 times, which offers further proof that whilst Sunderland have played the derby well, they haven't had the better team. Take away the derby and the same squad of players have been comfortably relegated.

Last edited:
Keep clutching. I suspect there will be plenty more collars getting felt soon, so unless they're going to relegate all the Premier League teams I suspect this will peter out.

Aye but tv hadn't been invented then. At least I've seen this with my own eyes.

And in the 10 years you refer to Newcastle have finished ahead of Sunderland 6 times, which offers further proof that whilst Sunderland have played the derby well, they haven't had the better team. Take away the derby and the same squad of players have been comfortably relegated.
The same squad of players? M'Vila, Kaboul, Yedlin, Van Aanholt, Cattermole, Kirchhoff and Khazri were all regular starters last season. This season, 3 of them weren't here, 1 was sold in January, 2 of the others have been injured all season and Khazri has been frozen out by Moyes for a series of random reasons.

And your statements about Newcastle's finishes has nothing at all to do with your claim that Sunderland 'need' Newcastle, that is a fallacious red herring. Sunderland have had 2 seasons in the PL without Newcastle in the last 10 years. 1 of those was our best season in the whole 10 years, and the other was the worst. Please square that circle?

The same squad of players? M'Vila, Kaboul, Yedlin, Van Aanholt, Cattermole, Kirchhoff and Khazri were all regular starters last season. This season, 3 of them weren't here, 1 was sold in January, 2 of the others have been injured all season and Khazri has been frozen out by Moyes for a series of random reasons.

And your statements about Newcastle's finishes has nothing at all to do with your claim that Sunderland 'need' Newcastle, that is a fallacious red herring. Sunderland have had 2 seasons in the PL without Newcastle in the last 10 years. 1 of those was our best season in the whole 10 years, and the other was the worst. Please square that circle?
The transfers and team selections were all within your grasp. Granted Sunderland have been unlucky with injuries this time around, but nobody suffered more than Newcastle last season. You can't deny that the points harvested from the derby haven't kept you up for the last few years as you have had a few very near misses! The 10th place finish when we were in the Championship looks very much the anomaly in the context of your other finishes.

The transfers and team selections were all within your grasp. Granted Sunderland have been unlucky with injuries this time around, but nobody suffered more than Newcastle last season. You can't deny that the points harvested from the derby haven't kept you up for the last few years as you have had a few very near misses! The 10th place finish when we were in the Championship looks very much the anomaly in the context of your other finishes.
We got 4 points from you last season. We also got 4 points from Swansea, Palace and Villa. What makes the points from Newcastle any more of a 'dependance'. Or would like to extend it to that we also 'needed' all of those teams as well? How about the year under Poyet. We were 7 points adrift with 6 games left, and won 5 of them and stayed up. Were the wins against Chelsea, Man Ud, Cardiff, West Brom etc inferior to points from Newcastle? We have tremendous record at Palace over recent years, but I'm fairly sure nobody is arguing Crystal Palace are our 'host', without whom we 'die'.

You have 2 seasons to assess, in which Newcastle weren't in the division, and we were. 1 of those was our best season, 1 was our worst. You want to write off 50% as an 'anomaly' :) because you're assessing the claim with a special pleading fallacy, only assessing Newcastle's impact in isolation, and writing off seasons of your choosing.

[QUOTE="Tightarse Shambles, post: 25308043, member:

And in the 10 years you refer to Newcastle have finished ahead of Sunderland 6 times, which offers further proof that whilst Sunderland have played the derby well, they haven't had the better team. Take away the derby and the same squad of players have been comfortably relegated.[/QUOTE]
Known as Rafas Revenge marra.

We got 4 points from you last season. We also got 4 points from Swansea, Palace and Villa. What makes the points from Newcastle any more of a 'dependance'. Or would like to extend it to that we also 'needed' all of those teams as well? How about the year under Poyet. We were 7 points adrift with 6 games left, and won 5 of them and stayed up. Were the wins against Chelsea, Man Ud, Cardiff, West Brom etc inferior to points from Newcastle? We have tremendous record at Palace over recent years, but I'm fairly sure nobody is arguing Crystal Palace are our 'host', without whom we 'die'.

You have 2 seasons to assess, in which Newcastle weren't in the division, and we were. 1 of those was our best season, 1 was our worst. You want to write off 50% as an 'anomaly' :) because you're assessing the claim with a special pleading fallacy, only assessing Newcastle's impact in isolation, and writing off seasons of your choosing.
And equally you choose to use one top ten finish in ten years to attempt to prove your point. This is clearly the exception rather than the rule. In the last few seasons Sunderland would have gone down each time without the points gained from the derby, not to mention the consequential lift that was achieved. Newcastle on the other hand stayed up in all years bar one without the benefit of many derby points. The tactic was appoint new manager, beat Newcastle in second game then go on a bit of a run with new found confidence. Unfortunately that option wasn't available this year and it won't be next year either.

I thought your best finish (10th) was in 2010/11 at the expense of us? (Tchoyi Story 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back