We have'nt lost vs Skunks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
only 11 games man and we beat you at your place in that time a fair few times.

9 games unbeaten over 6 years. The most impressive unbeaten stretch in the history of the fixture- considering the short time period and 6 victories in a row. :lol:
Surely the short time period is the weakness in your argument? i.e. Sunderland have been able to take full advantage of a particularly turbulent, but short period of our history. Its only a few years since the toon won 5 in a row and 6 out of 7 and I can't remember anybody making much fuss at the time. It was just expected given the gulf between the two clubs at that time. Now with the host absent for a year the parasite had quickly withered and died.

Surely the short time period is the weakness in your argument? i.e. Sunderland have been able to take full advantage of a particularly turbulent, but short period of our history. Its only a few years since the toon won 5 in a row and 6 out of 7 and I can't remember anybody making much fuss at the time. It was just expected given the gulf between the two clubs at that time. Now with the host absent for a year the parasite had quickly withered and died.

The short time period is a strength of the argument as it shows the clubs have played more often, whereas your 28 year thing doesnt show the fact that the clubs were in different divisions for a long period over that time. 9 unbeaten over 6 years is unrivalled. In fact if we avoid defeat in the next one- will that be history made?

Could be years and you lot will somehow turn this into a victory :oops:

We havent forgotten the years of gloating from you lot in the last decade- so dont start with that shite :lol:

Last edited:
6 defeats in a row obviously hurts like. People saying otherwise are just lying. But the more it happened, the less impact it seemed to have. It became routine. It has all become a bit too friendly too. The break in this fixture is a good thing. The game where Coloccini got sent off just before half time, there was a group of us just kept drinking in tbe stand, then went over to Fitzgeralds in the town. Few more pints then the metro before the rest came out of the match. Classic case of the match getting in the way of a good day on the drink. Walking around Sunderland drinking would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

The short time period is a strength of the argument as it shows the clubs have played more often, whereas your 28 year thing doesnt show the fact that the clubs were in different divisions for a long period over that time. 9 unbeaten over 6 years is unrivalled. In fact if we avoid defeat in the next one- will that be history made?

We havent forgotten the years of gloating from you lot in the last decade- so dont start with that shite :lol:
How is it unrivalled when Newcastle were unbeaten in 9 games (6 wins, 3 draws) between 2001 and 2008. The only differences were the 6 wins were split by one draw after the 5th win and nobody was singing about 5 in a row. Its your small club mentality coming through again. As I said before remove the host and the parasite quickly dies. Sunderland have no purpose without Newcastle.

How is it unrivalled when Newcastle were unbeaten in 9 games (6 wins, 3 draws) between 2001 and 2008. The only differences were the 6 wins were split by one draw after the 5th win and nobody was singing about 5 in a row. Its your small club mentality coming through again. As I said before remove the host and the parasite quickly dies. Sunderland have no purpose without Newcastle.

You don't half talk some shite. Sunderland and SAFC are the centre of many a NUFC fans universe. 1500 of your lot turning up at aSunderland v gillingham game hoping to see SAFC relegated. Bringing out books everytime Sunderland get relegated, getting to a cup final and not forgetting to pack your SMB T shirts and taking a massive SMB flag.

SMB
LALAS
5under1and.

Ah well, Man United can be your real rivals again :lol::lol:
At least we had a few years when we were their rivals. Finishing 3rd, 5th, 2nd and 2nd again behind Man U and ahead of the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool is something you will never experience at Sunderland. You nearly had an open top bus around Roker when Reidy got you to 7th :oops:. Even that knacker P45DUE got us to 5th and don't even mention Europe. How many times have you played there now?

The reason you weren't bothered was because there was a genuine gulf between the teams in your favour. Between 2002 and 2007 you did quite well and we struggled.

The last few years the teams have been on a par, we've consistently beaten you and even directly relegated you. Like it or not, that's worth celebrating.

Nobody is doing it now, everything dies down after a while. Unless you're a Newcastle fan, in which case you keep bringing up the 5-1 at any given opportunity.

Good grief! How sad are you.

Ah well, Man United can be your real rivals again :lol::lol:
But actually Man Utd were our rivals!

You don't half talk some shite. Sunderland and SAFC are the centre of many a NUFC fans universe. 1500 of your lot turning up at aSunderland v gillingham game hoping to see SAFC relegated. Bringing out books everytime Sunderland get relegated, getting to a cup final and not forgetting to pack your SMB T shirts and taking a massive SMB flag.

SMB
LALAS
5under1and.
Notice you didn't answer the question, how is your 9 games unbeaten unrivalled when Newcastle did the same thing just a few short years before?

The reason you weren't bothered was because there was a genuine gulf between the teams in your favour. Between 2002 and 2007 you did quite well and we struggled.

The last few years the teams have been on a par, we've consistently beaten you and even directly relegated you. Like it or not, that's worth celebrating.

Nobody is doing it now, everything dies down after a while. Unless you're a Newcastle fan, in which case you keep bringing up the 5-1 at any given opportunity.
I have honestly never heard a Newcastle fan gloat over the 5-1 stuffing. "Consistently beaten you", get a grip.

I have honestly never heard a Newcastle fan gloat over the 5-1 stuffing. "Consistently beaten you", get a grip.

Newcastle fans still mention it now you f***ing warthog.

In their Twitter bios, Facebook etc. There's people that even write 5under1and which is literally AIDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back