We dodged a bulet with Simms

Said it then and stand by it now...He simply played a different style of game we used at the time..is an ideal striker for sides that play through the middle and into the channels..unfortunately we were playing everything from the wide areas and thus missing out on his strengths due to us not having any strong , creative midfielders who could hold the ball uo, see the gaps and piston between the boxes.Coventry like to play from their midfielders (O'Hare especially) both getting in behind and creating off the ball movements to the spaces, which is and still is our weak point!

Class for us, had a wonderful trio behind him.

Coventry haven't that talent, no offence they've a quality side.

Rusyn will prove better.
Someone's reacted to this and whilst it looks embarrassing.

Simms had Diallo, Clarke and Roberts behind him, so I reckon i was right there.

The Rusyn claim? Whilst laughable now, I'll stick by it! Simply because we don't know what he's capable of, I've seen lads taking ages to become important players. This might be no different to that.

Another striker that Speakman decided we didn’t need.

Clueless beyond belief

Did he though ? Unless KLD said here you are here's 7 million to spend on one player, then I'd be amazed if Speakman turned Simms down while having the money to spend.

It's more likely our budget was set at 2million for a striker rather than 7. Speakman has still bought shite, but I just can't see him being given the green light to spend 7mil on anyone from KLD

Did he though ? Unless KLD said here you are here's 7 million to spend on one player, then I'd be amazed if Speakman turned Simms down while having the money to spend.

It's more likely our budget was set at 2million for a striker rather than 7. Speakman has still bought shite, but I just can't see him being given the green light to spend 7mil on anyone from KLD

The pair of them are clueless. When you’re wrong so many times in hindsight, it shows you’re not cut out for the job.

The pair of them are clueless. When you’re wrong so many times in hindsight, it shows you’re not cut out for the job.

Don't disagree. I'm simply pointing out that I highly doubt Speakman looked at Simms having signed him before, and thinking "nah, we don't need him" .

I get your point, but I think the overall blame lies with KLD and his reluctancy to spend proper cash. Speakman is given a budget at the end of the day, and while he's not used his budget wisely, the budget just simply rules us out of everything signing players like Simms and Cannon.

Back