We are not sending out cards but making a donation to some charity

I think it’s fair enough, although in office politics is it more than coincidence that the one who can’t get round to dishing out a few cards suddenly at the last minute decides to donate to charity instead?

It makes you want to ask them which charity they have donated to...

Dinnar but I've fucked the wife's cards right up this year. Said we'd give them out tomorrow morning. Not a bother. Wrote her's out tonight (well organised) then realised I have completely forgotten any 'Mammy' cards from our two children (one of whom is 10 weeks old therefore his first christmas).

Ugh.

Some people (like me) don’t really want to receive cards nowadays just a waste of time and money - strictly close friends and family for me and usually donate more than the equivalent to charity

Do you work out the price of a pack of cards/stamps and donate that to charity?

Not taking the piss, just curious.

Been going on for years this. I actually like getting cards and these days most make a donation to charity anyway.

I would have happily sacrificed the home made card from my old boss, usually featuring a picture of her singular looking family, however. :)

I think it’s fair enough, although in office politics is it more than coincidence that the one who can’t get round to dishing out a few cards suddenly at the last minute decides to donate to charity instead?

It makes you want to ask them which charity they have donated to...

Are you a lass like?
Office politics only come in for lasses as they're the only ones who send them. None of the blokes ever bother with cards.

What’s all that about like? Lazy fuckers.

Whats the correlation between not sending cards and donating to charity?
We’ve done this since 2012.

Our youngest was discharged from hospital about 2 weeks before Christmas - we got home with a 4 week old baby and we hadn’t had much time to prepare anything and we have 2 other kids.

We couldn’t be arsed to buy and send cards. We told people that we’d donate to the hospital that cared for our baby (and has done since).

I also regularly donate to a hospice and other charities that I have an affiliation to. I think that a few hundred quid a year spent on those is better value than sending bits of card to people to be thrown away after a few weeks.

We’ve done this since 2012.

Our youngest was discharged from hospital about 2 weeks before Christmas - we got home with a 4 week old baby and we hadn’t had much time to prepare anything and we have 2 other kids.

We couldn’t be arsed to buy and send cards. We told people that we’d donate to the hospital that cared for our baby (and has done since).

I also regularly donate to a hospice and other charities that I have an affiliation to. I think that a few hundred quid a year spent on those is better value than sending bits of card to people to be thrown away after a few weeks.

Lazy bassa ;)

Dinnar but I've fucked the wife's cards right up this year. Said we'd give them out tomorrow morning. Not a bother. Wrote her's out tonight (well organised) then realised I have completely forgotten any 'Mammy' cards from our two children (one of whom is 10 weeks old therefore his first christmas).

Ugh.
Make one.

Back