We are not sending out cards but making a donation to some charity

Secret Santa - buy a load of tot and give it to someone who doesn't need or want a load of tot but is forced to reply by buying someone else a load of tot that they don't actually want. Repeat ad nauseum.

No wonder this planet is drowning under plastic shite! f***ing morons being conned into buying shite that they and no one else want. If you put all the money spent on this total crap into charitable causes then the world might end up a better place in 12 months rather than just further down the toilet. Happy Xmas.

Not sending cards but donating to charity when posted on social media translated means "I want loads of likes on facebook"

Didn't get any then.

Charity isn't charity if you show off about it, so I just didn't send any cards and didn't tell people either

People definitely understand - been doing it a few years and now hardly anyone sends me a card

Do you work out the price of a pack of cards/stamps and donate that to charity?

Not taking the piss, just curious.

No in previous years I’ve donated a tin of dog food for every card I would have bought so like 60 , another year I took out an annual subscription to dogs trust. Never post cards really so the donation always outweighs the real cost.

We did this.

We gave Christmas cards to parents, and to relatives abroad/down south but didn’t do any others.

Used the money we would usually spend on cards (and more) to donate to a local charity appeal to buy presents for disadvantaged children. We saved part of a tree and helped those less fortunate. It’s win-win IMO

I do neither, cards are a waste of time. If I see someone in the boozer I know I gladly buy a pint for them

Thing is with cards is, and I think its a women thing, they receive a card from someone and feel inclined to end one back just because they receive one. Pisses me off that,

You don't give to receive etc etc

Crapmas brings out the worst in people!!

Roll on Boxing day

Back