Watmore

McGeady is class, he was good last year too, its why I lost total faith in Coleman

Players like him try things, some look good some look horrendous

it was the same with Johnson

You have to have players who take risks and try and create something, and that involves risking losing the ball, otherwise you have a team full of players who play it safe and take no responsibility.
Agreed. Although Johnson had less of a tendency to try it on the edge of his own box. And didn't have to beat his man 3 times.

Ross seems to have got this out of his system recently though. Have to accept the inconsistency because he produces moments that win games.

Agreed. Although Johnson had less of a tendency to try it on the edge of his own box. And didn't have to beat his man 3 times.

Ross seems to have got this out of his system recently though. Have to accept the inconsistency because he produces moments that win games.

Johnson a much better player for us clearly, but I don't knock players like that too much, sometimes a time and a place etc, but you need the odd player who takes risks

Its why I never ever ever understood the PVA criticism "he can't defend" etc, who gives a shit, we played 1 up front and had 3 defensive midfielders, PVA took risks and made goals.

Its why I can't see the attraction in McGeough, he reminds me of Bridcutt, people say he is "recycling" the ball and all this, but he is often just giving it to Baldwin and Flanagan to try the forward pass instead of getting his head up.

Much easier to criticise the player who gives the ball away, rather than the bloke who never tries anything. I am rambling here like, nightshift, sorry.

I find this strange. Watmore is coming back from two very serious injuries and, last time he played, was many people's MotM. Yes, there are times when it doesn't go to plan, but, he causes opposition problems. If Grigg hadn't fluffed his lines, we'd have (probably) won that game and Duncan Watmore would have an assist to his name.

I find this strange. Watmore is coming back from two very serious injuries and, last time he played, was many people's MotM. Yes, there are times when it doesn't go to plan, but, he causes opposition problems. If Grigg hadn't fluffed his lines, we'd have (probably) won that game and Duncan Watmore would have an assist to his name.
Thats reet lke

McGeady is class, he was good last year too, its why I lost total faith in Coleman

Players like him try things, some look good some look horrendous

it was the same with Johnson

You have to have players who take risks and try and create something, and that involves risking losing the ball, otherwise you have a team full of players who play it safe and take no responsibility.
He is class but he often chooses the wrong option but we accept that because he can produce something out of nothing. Just wish our support would offer the same understanding to a lad who is younger and has been out for 2 years with injuries that could have ended his career before it started

Must start if fit.

This.

Without Maguire we could do with a bit of an X factor. Totally different players but both are a nightmare for the opposition when on form. Watmore was MotM his last game IMO and that of both the Blackpool commentators (i.e. totally neutral).

Back