Watching Quinny's Fiftieth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite memories:

The two goals in successive wins at SJP.
The bullying of Desailly in the 4-1 v Chelsea.
And the bullying of Sol Campbell in a 2-0 win v Spurs.

My favourite Sunderland player by a mile.Earlier poster correct in saying that a few fans were on his back the first few months of the 97/98 season.
Still remember the groans around me in the North Stand when he first hit that lob against Port Vale as they thought he had spooned it over!

My favourite Sunderland player by a mile.Earlier poster correct in saying that a few fans were on his back the first few months of the 97/98 season.
Still remember the groans around me in the North Stand when he first hit that lob against Port Vale as they thought he had spooned it over!

Remember watching him in a friendly 96/97 at New Ferens Park, may have been against Consett? Fans opinion was basically 'whee's this absolute donkey?' He was pretty much being laughed at.

Fuck me, after watching this Quinny is like Messi compared to anything we currently have. For a big unit, he would comfortably be the most skilful player at the club today. I think I have forgot how good he actually was for us

Scored two against forest then injured. On his comeback me and my uncle were driving through to roker park. He was on the radio saying he felt like he had two new legs. We were pissing ourselves laughing wondering how it had come to this. We were in real trouble and we had niall f***ing quinn coming back to save us with two new legs.

He's without doubt my favourite ever player.

Fuck me, after watching this Quinny is like Messi compared to anything we currently have. For a big unit, he would comfortably be the most skilful player at the club today. I think I have forgot how good he actually was for us
This. He was class. I was a similar build to quinny and i used to try to model my game on his :lol:

Top bloke on and off the pitch, shame his relationship with Short went sour as we really need someone at board level who knows a thing or two about our club.

My favourite memories:

The two goals in successive wins at SJP.
The bullying of Desailly in the 4-1 v Chelsea.
And the bullying of Sol Campbell in a 2-0 win v Spurs.
His goal in the second 2-1 is probably the best headed goal I've seen us score

Still wonder how the hell he got that header in in the playoff final and, whilst his goal in the Chelsea game was brilliant, why the fuck was he in the edge of the box for a corner :lol:

His goal in the second 2-1 is probably the best headed goal I've seen us score

The pass from Alex Rae? to Mickey Fray is phenomenal.

When we first signed him it wasn't a popular decision if I remember rightly. If it had been in the days of the Internet this place would have been canny funny. But not as funny as the bumpage material there would have been :)
True. :lol:
I remember him being in on goal v West Ham at Roker and tripping over. Dull 0-0 draw. People thought he was a donkey.

So many great goals, deft flicks, tucks into corners, bullet headers, lobs and his chest control was phenomenal. It's rare we get to see a players golden years but we certainly saw the best of Niall. What a player. Watching it I couldn't help but feel sad about how far we have fallen, I wonder how long it will be before we see someone of his quality in our shirt again?
Canny goalkeeper anarl marra ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back