Watches

My the battery in my tag packed in on holiday in Spain a month ago . I bought a "genuine" Rolex off the street market . It looks the part - from about 10 feet . It's ran perfectly since I bought it . It is a crap copy mind 25 euro .
I was in Malaysia start of the year and bought 2 copys. A submariner and a GMT master. I got them from that site and the quality and finish is very good. They've replicated every feature of the originals. From the sliding strap adjustment to the unscrew to pull out winder.
I got them out of curiosity really to see how good or bad they were. When I get a minute I'll take the back off one to see what mechanism is inside. 200rm is a high price over there but you can also get cheaper ones with quartz mechanisms inside.
I've never worn them and probably never will. I've got a good few watches going back to the seventies. Including one of the first red led watches and an early LCD. I've also got a late 60s wind up digital watch like the one in the link. I rarely wear a dress watch nowadays just a smart watch. If I do it's an old 80s Seiko I've got that I like.

Last edited:
Our lasse's Rolex must lose about a minute a week, always has. she took it to the shop in Darlo where we bought it and they want £500 to service it . Can you recommend somewhere cheap we could take it to ?
A minute a week? You must have one of the good ones.
If losing that amount of time bothers her, put it in a drawer and spend the £500 on a quartz watch and a good lunch.

Interesting:

Last edited:
Thinking about one of these at the minute

very nice : it's got the look of a Fifty Fathoms...
Thinking about a Casio smart watch
can't go wrong with Casio : God tier !
I had 3 Seikos, over a long period of time .up till about 20 years ago . I paid roughly £100 for them . They are a fortune now .
Seiko have definitely increased prices over the last few years attempting to cash in on all their history

Last edited:
Thank you my love 😘 I'm happy in the fact that it doesn't need winding or the battery changed every few years, it also keeps excellent time (fairly sure it's manufacturer is Seiko anarl) xx
It is a Seiko movement. Seiko own the Lorus and Pulsar brands and they've a good name for reliability.
That said, when their time is up, it's the bin cos they're not seen as cost-effectively repairable.
Enjoy it. It'll probably last a lifetime. :)

Back