Wales to go into two week lock down from Friday everyone but critical workers to stay at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

In an ideal decent world I guess they would not have to resort to such measures, sadly we have so many thick and selfish morons who could not behave properly when things were open.

Has shops been any bother though in terms of cases though? Never really seen it mentioned. Just think there's better ways around it little things like buying a few books could keep someone occupied during the lockdown etc and most places sell something which could be considered essential to someone.

If it's only essential shopping then I'd like to see more on the lines of no music allowed, no offers, no discounts, lighting on a low as it can go with no promotional lighting over signs etc. Make the shopping experience as unpleasant as possible but get more places open ie book shops, electronic goods, clothes (basics only), homeware (Wilko, Lakeland etc). They each sell things which could be useful for someone or at least keep them occupied instead of people 'getting bored' and resorting to going out anyway, having serious mental health problems (depression etc) or becoming an alcoholic since there's nothing else to do.

Last edited:
Has shops been any bother though in terms of cases though? Never really seen it mentioned. Just think there's better ways around it little things like buying a few books could keep someone occupied during the lockdown etc and most places sell something which could be considered essential to someone.

If it's only essential shopping then I'd like to see more on the lines of no music allowed, no offers, no discounts, lighting on a low as it can go with no promotional lighting over signs etc. Make the shopping experience as unpleasant as possible but get more places open ie book shops, electronic goods, clothes (basics only), homeware (Wilko, Lakeland etc). They each sell things which could be useful for someone or at least keep them occupied instead of people 'getting bored' and resorting to going out anyway, having serious mental health problems (depression etc) or becoming an alcoholic since there's nothing else to do.
I remember back in the early days, seeing some videos of Italian supermarkets, solemn looking people wandering through the aisles with a stern sounding lass over the tannoy constantly reminding them to stay 2m apart. Looked terrifying at the time back when it was all new and pretty unpleasant. Whether it would have the same effect now I don’t know, but would still be a pretty grim shopping experience

If it's only essential shopping then I'd like to see more on the lines of no music allowed, no offers, no discounts, lighting on a low as it can go with no promotional lighting over signs etc. Make the shopping experience as unpleasant as possible but get more places open ie book shops, electronic goods, clothes (basics only), homeware (Wilko, Lakeland etc). They each sell things which could be useful for someone or at least keep them occupied instead of people 'getting bored' and resorting to going out anyway or becoming an alcoholic since there's nothing else to do.
How could anyone know were they got infected ? The one in policy could work but you know as well as I do shops and morons would not do it.
The idea is to stop the morons from bothering to go shopping for a few weeks, the type that like to browse and see it as a place to go and get out for a while, it won't work as shown today people are thick but at least they are trying.

I remember back in the early days, seeing some videos of Italian supermarkets, solemn looking people wandering through the aisles with a stern sounding lass over the tannoy constantly reminding them to stay 2m apart. Looked terrifying at the time back when it was all new and pretty unpleasant. Whether it would have the same effect now I don’t know, but would still be a pretty grim shopping experience

It would work for me like tbf. Then again I hate shopping at the best of times but still. Must be grim for the staff though mind having to listen to that, then again probably better than the same 10 christmas songs which will be on soon.

How could anyone know were they got infected ? The one in policy could work but you know as well as I do shops and morons would not do it.
The idea is to stop the morons from bothering to go shopping for a few weeks, the type that like to browse and see it as a place to go and get out for a while, it won't work as shown today people are thick but at least they are trying.

Yeah I understand what your saying but to be fair those people will be now just clogging up the food aisles and being a general nuisance for people who want to actually do a quick shop. Tbf my thinking was more for after lockdown, it's probably better to have a few people even if they are breaking the rules a bit than the horrid surge that's going to happen immediately once the lockdown is lifted unless they're planning for it not to be actually a few weeks and open everything in stages again which won't go down well. Otherwise 3 weeks after the lockdown your just going to be at square one but potentially much worse than in the first place since everyone was out rather than only a few like currently.

It would work for me like tbf. Then again I hate shopping at the best of times but still. Must be grim for the staff though mind having to listen to that, then again probably better than the same 10 christmas songs which will be on soon.

Yeah I understand what your saying but to be fair those people will be now just clogging up the food aisles and being a general nuisance for people who want to actually do a quick shop. Tbf my thinking was more for after lockdown, it's probably better to have a few people even if they are breaking the rules a bit than the horrid surge that's going to happen immediately once the lockdown is lifted unless they're planning for it not to be actually a few weeks and open everything in stages again which won't go down well. Otherwise 3 weeks after the lockdown your just going to be at square one but potentially much worse than in the first place since everyone was out rather than only a few like currently.
I guess they are doing it to save the hospitals turning in to a disaster zone, what tier 3 offers is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back