Waking up during the night

For the past few weeks I’ve been sleeping terribly.

For example, last night I fell asleep at 10:30, only to wake up at 1am, then fall back to sleep and wake up at 2am etc.

anyone suffered a similar experience and any idea how to combat it?

For example, last night I fell asleep at 10:30, only to wake up at 1am, then fall back to sleep and wake up at 2am etc.

Aye its shite like. I tend to find it happens more if i have food or drink later on. Try stopping evrything around 5pm

Without fail I wake up around 3am. Alarm at 5 so I worry about that and can't fall back asleep. Nytol works well.

Do you have any other sleep during the day, quick 5 or 10 mins ?
Try different things, as mentioned prev stop eating earlier.
Milk affects me late at night for some reason, plus eating late.
Drinking gets me to sleep quick but I wake up in the middle of the night.
How about exercise that helps me ?

Have slept crap for years, tend to get between about 4 and 5.5 hours but really broken sleep. I've never found a way that works for me. I once had prescription sleepers from the doc and was even waking up on them.

Last edited:
Have slept crap for years, tend to get between about 4 and 5.5 hours but really broken sleep. I've never found a way that works for me. I once had prescription sleepers from the doc and was even waking up on them.
Me too. I've found out I've got sleep apnea and getting a mask for it this morning.

Have you tried all the usual stuff? No caffeine in the evenings, no alcohol, don't eat or exercise late on, do something relaxing, have an orgasm, do some meditation etc. If it's something on your mind waking you up, keep a notepad next to your bed and jot down all your thoughts to deal with in the morning. If it's something physical waking you (too hot, to cold, too light, a noise etc.) then make adjustments to get rid of it. Hope you get sorted - lack of sleep is a killer!

Some people can't sleep due to the worry about the next day, whether it's fretting over work or fretting over health and getting through the night.
I've had my fair share but I conquered mine.

Have you tried all the usual stuff? No caffeine in the evenings, no alcohol, don't eat or exercise late on, do something relaxing, have an orgasm, do some meditation etc. If it's something on your mind waking you up, keep a notepad next to your bed and jot down all your thoughts to deal with in the morning. If it's something physical waking you (too hot, to cold, too light, a noise etc.) then make adjustments to get rid of it. Hope you get sorted - lack of sleep is a killer!
:eek:

Hot shower before bed and sleep in a cold room. As your body temperature is starting from a high place it can send you into a deep sleep.

Also take on board other advice on here of no alcohol, caffeine, too much water etc. No blue light either and force yourself into a routine that you go to bed the same time every night.

I think I'm wired wrong. Caffeine knocks me out. I get absolutely no high from it at all. Even red bull etc.

Back