Waking up during the night

For the past few weeks I’ve been sleeping terribly.

For example, last night I fell asleep at 10:30, only to wake up at 1am, then fall back to sleep and wake up at 2am etc.

anyone suffered a similar experience and any idea how to combat it?
I go through periods like that. Does my head in. Can never work out why but they always pass in the end.

What was your sleep pattern like before it went skew-wiff?

I find a couple of late nights always helps me get back into a good routine so you could try staying up late Friday and Saturday nights, and then you will be extra tired and sleep better from Sunday onwards.

I listen to Binaural beats for a few minutes as I start to drift off.

I listen on my iphone then switch it off and try to remember the tones as I drift off.

That^s not the one I listen to, the one I listen to is for vivid dreams and its works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

For example, last night I fell asleep at 10:30, only to wake up at 1am, then fall back to sleep and wake up at 2am etc.

Promethazine hydrochloride. It's an anti-allergy medication but one of the ones that makes you drowsy. Two 25mg pills an hour before bed and I'll sleep like a log for 9 or 10 hours uninterrupted.

Have you tried all the usual stuff? No caffeine in the evenings, no alcohol, don't eat or exercise late on, do something relaxing, have an orgasm, do some meditation etc. If it's something on your mind waking you up, keep a notepad next to your bed and jot down all your thoughts to deal with in the morning. If it's something physical waking you (too hot, to cold, too light, a noise etc.) then make adjustments to get rid of it. Hope you get sorted - lack of sleep is a killer!
I am truly shocked

Have you tried all the usual stuff? No caffeine in the evenings, no alcohol, don't eat or exercise late on, do something relaxing, have an orgasm, do some meditation etc. If it's something on your mind waking you up, keep a notepad next to your bed and jot down all your thoughts to deal with in the morning. If it's something physical waking you (too hot, to cold, too light, a noise etc.) then make adjustments to get rid of it. Hope you get sorted - lack of sleep is a killer!

Wanking over the age of 19? Wad yer dare.

It happens to me all the time, especially over the last few months. I like my tea and coffee but usually don't drink any cups after 9pm. If I have an early night (10:30pm/11:30pm) I'll wake up loads during the night and just lie there wide awake. Doesn't always happen but sometimes I have restless legs too and can't seem to get comfortable. It's not like I'm waking up bursting for a piss. I usually go to bed after midnight and tend to sleep through but wake up knackered due to lack of sleep. Can't really win at the moment.

My dog wakes me up needing a shit at precisely 3:30am every night. I think the solution would be getting rid of the big lummox but I love him too much.

Thanks for the replies and advice everyone. I train 5 times a week and drink about 4 litres of water a day (try to stop at 7pm), however I have been drinking a protein shake at about 9pm (someone mentioned milk so this may be it)

I also take CBD oil and I noticed this had a positive effect for the first few nights, however it seems to have worn off now.

Drink next to no caffein and no alcohol, maybe the odd cup of tea on a morning.

Nope, tablets only and not in the U.K. I usually buy a supply when I’m over in the USA.

Sure you can get Melatonin in the UK mind. I get mine from here..

:lol:

Cannot even have a beer before bed nowadays man FFS!!!

I don't drink full fat coffee after 6ppm but have a beer or two most nights. Aside from owld fellas enlarged prostate which often necessitates a loo break I'm fine. One of my colleagues from work must have a prostate like a granny Smith apple as he reckons anywhere between 3 and 5 loo visits a night is normal. He looks like death warmed up to be fair :lol:

Last edited:

Back