Waking up during the night

Sure you can get Melatonin in the UK mind. I get mine from here..

I don't drink full fat coffee after 6ppm but have a beer or two most nights. Aside from owld fellas enlarged prostate which often necessitates a loo break I'm fine. One of my colleagues from work must have a prostate like a granny Smith apple as he reckons anywhere between 3 and 5 loo visits a night is normal. He looks like death warmed up to be fair :lol:
I think you can get melatonin but it’s off license and only really intended to help people get to sleep, not necessarily effective at keeping you asleep. Sometimes prescribed for people on the autistic spectrum to help getting to sleep but having supported a number over the years it’s certainly no guarantee of sleeping through the night. Very effective at helping people get to sleep in the first place though.

Can't buy it from UK suppliers, supposedly not from EU suppliers either. My brother's ordered from the USA before and it's turned up without issue.

It doesn't "fuck" with your body clock.

The link I gave which is the one I use is the UK site and when I've ordered Melatonin off it there's no mention that its coming from elsewhere.

tried melatonin a few times, did fuck all for me, anti histamine tables like piriton are great though, as is night nurse.
Antihistamine that causes drowsiness can work and also have a mild anxiolytic effect so potentially help the cause as well as the symptom.
It won't be coming from the UK, it's a POM here and in the rest of the EU.

Best not, might not mix with the booze so well.
I think it’s okay with booze actually as it’s naturally occurring in our bodies anyway. Sensible to check that before taking any though!

Last edited:
I've stopped drinking coffee or tea after 2/3pm. And also try not to drink anything after about 8. And I think it's helping a little. Certainly not having to get up for a piss helps. I've only drank once this year too.

Got a fitbit which monitors sleep. Can sometimes still get poor scores 58/59 but average around 70. Best I've had was 79 and that was 7 hours sleep. Don't know how good it's analysis of your sleep is but it's interesting. Shows how often it thinks you woke during the night (about 6-7 times on average) and what was REM sleep or deep sleep.

Sure you can get Melatonin in the UK mind. I get mine from here..

I don't drink full fat coffee after 6ppm but have a beer or two most nights. Aside from owld fellas enlarged prostate which often necessitates a loo break I'm fine. One of my colleagues from work must have a prostate like a granny Smith apple as he reckons anywhere between 3 and 5 loo visits a night is normal. He looks like death warmed up to be fair :lol:
Oh my god. 3 to 5 times :lol: how much sleep does he actually get?

I get annoyed if i get up once and its always for the tiniest amount of piss but just a tad too much for you to comfortably carry. Annoying as fuck

Got plumber to take off bedroom radiator so bedroom could get skimmed, we want to put it elsewhere in the room after skim. In the meantime the plumber took ill so bedroom is freezing cos hes not well enough to come back yet
Never slept so well after having many sleepless nights obvs room need to be cooler

Back