Voting Thread for September - After Dark

Photo of the month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I've voted

Andy M

Not Spavin - Because I love the colours of the train passing!

Smoker - Because I love shots like that, spesh like how it is framed by the foliage.

i voted for andy M as i thought his was a great shot, great use of light and the steam just tops it off...also voted for spav, killer shot mate, love the trails and use of available light.

Andy m, Peachbum and Smoker for me.

Some cracking shots this month.

As Lemar once sang, if there's any justice in the world Andy M will win this month's competition.

Andy-m & Spavin for me as well.
I was going to vote for whichever one I would have hanging on a wall & that would probably be Cartman's penshaw monument. Voting in a competition though I would go for the two above.

My votes & comments:

AndyM - absolute great capture, very atmospheric

notspavin - good quality pic and well composed. made me smile as I was gonna enter one in a very similar ilk haha

cartman - a very nice and classic 'after dark' shot. well exposed and composed.

Clyde was close to getting a vote but I didnt want to go overboard with 4. I like the image, perhaps would have been better with a bit more cropping.

My votes went to:

Andy M - great shot, very atmospheric
Ghost of EH7 - I'm surprised I agreed to let him shoot that but I like it - I even sent my mother a copy
Lucky Knickers - something a bit different

Great standard this month overall.

Voted for Smoker. The photo interested me the mot.

I wish i had also voted for Cartman, as it's very pleasing on the eye well captured. Should have more votes imo. Should have taken more time before submitting my vote.

SuperKev
- A good shot, but for me it could have been cropped as the post distract the rest of the photo for me.

SuperKev- A good shot, but for me it could have been cropped as the post distract the rest of the photo for me.

That's exactly what I thought.
First look through the photos & I was going to vote for SK's (I'm a sucker for pictures of penshaw monument) but for me it wasn't quite right.
Removing the post & bin from the left side, cropping it just below the gate & removing a couple of inches of sky would have left the gate in the foreground with P.M in the background.

MaD, Lucky and Smoker for me.

Smoker's is my personal favourite, love photos of sky at night, even if you didn't seem to happy with it!

And I have a vote :-D Improvement on last month :lol:

Is it worth voting this month? :) 19 votes on the first of the month! :eek: I'd like to know if LK used her point and shoot camera or an SLR? How much post processing? Really like it, but want to know more.

And, Amnorrageordie, what camera did you use? film, digital, slr? Like yours too.

Is it worth voting this month? :) 19 votes on the first of the month! :eek: I'd like to know if LK used her point and shoot camera or an SLR? How much post processing? Really like it, but want to know more.

And, Amnorrageordie, what camera did you use? film, digital, slr? Like yours too.

Mines a canon eos300d, a bit dated but can't afford to upgrade just yet. What browser do you use? For Firefox or ie you can download an exif reader or viewer add on. Just right click any photo/ view exif data, and all the details pop up. Some others you just hover over the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back