Voting - Food for Thought

Picture of the Month for January - Food For Thought?

• Hauser's-Helmet

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Not Spavin - E=Mc2

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Everstar - Hedgehog

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • andy m - Grindon's finest

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Mercia Blackcat - Jucy Lucy

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • clyde

• WillD - Gypsy Breakfast

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dublass

• taipeisafc

• Ghost of EH7 - Brain Food

• keeps21 - Blair's Zakk Wylde hot sauce collection

• thewoo

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Cartman

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • ThankHeavenForShed7

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • grrwoofwoofgrowl

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • The Ghost of ORR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • peachbum - Boys' Toys

• Roger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1 of the SMB Photography Competition is closed and you now have 7 days to vote for your favourite shots. Voting is anonymous.

Vote for as many as you like, the one with the most votes at the end of 7 days goes on to the annual competition and the chance to win a day's shooting landscapes with pro photographer Mark Denton. The winner will also get to choose the theme for our March Competition.

In the event of a tie, Mark will get the casting vote.

Round 1 of the SMB Photography Competition is closed and you now have 7 days to vote for your favourite shots. Voting is anonymous.

Vote for as many as you like, the one with the most votes at the end of 7 days goes on to the annual competition and the chance to win a day's shooting landscapes with pro photographer Mark Denton. The winner will also get to choose the theme for our March Competition.

In the event of a tie, Mark will get the casting vote.
You said voting would be open!!!!

How is it open if you can't see who voted for who? If every month person X votes for person Y (whether the photograph is any good or no) we won't know! And we won't know who voted for themselves!

And I thought you had to take part in the competition to vote, now anyone can vote!

Bit different from what you posted originally.

Last edited:
How is it open if you can't see who voted for who? If every month person X votes for person Y (whether the photograph is any good or no) we won't know! And we won't know who voted for themselves!

And I thought you had to take part in the competition to vote, now anyone can vote!

Bit different from what you posted originally.

What I meant was the voting would be open to anyone. I suspect everyone is going to vote for themselves and I thought by making it anonymous then voters would vote for the picture not the poster.

I think we should find a way of posting anonymously then we could get rid of the voter anonymity.

What I meant was the voting would be open to anyone. I suspect everyone is going to vote for themselves and I thought by making it anonymous then voters would vote for the picture not the poster.

I think we should find a way of posting anonymously then we could get rid of the voter anonymity.
Okay. :)

Why didn't I read this before voting :mad:

I only cast one vote and it wasn't for myself. In fact I'm surprised I got any.

Cartman got my vote as I thought his photo was poignant.

hahaha, no votes for me yet. That was taken in my tank, cost me thousands over 5 years that did.

£10 for that shrimp and the fish is thinking about demolishing it for din dins.

My vote was cast, never voted for myself like and cant believe 2 have!!

Next month hopefully I can do something a bit better.

click "view poll results" ^^

I'm going to say why and how I voted.

I know we are all different standards of photographer so I have weighted my vote more to the interpretation of the theme rather than the quality of the photograph. There are two photos I really like and would have liked to give 2 votes to.

Hauser's Helmet - Met the topic but a bit out of focus and perhaps rushed? Nil points (Like the Eurovision song contest with a french accent)

Not Spavin - You seem to know how to alter images (ie more advanced than many of us) but E=MC>2 is upside down to the man looking on which I find a bit daft. I do like the idea but 0 points. (I would have given you a point actually but there are 2 photos I prefer so my vote has to go to them as you seem to be polling heavily!)

Everstar - I don't like this photograph, sorry, but the salami looks contrived, the hedgehog(?) has his eyes shut and the grass in front of his face is too bright and distracting. It doesn't really meet the topic and looks a bit fake. 0 points

AndyM
- Love this photo - meets the topic - I thought about this picture a lot, it holds the attention and is evocative. 2 points, 1 vote.

Mercia Black Cat - If the topic was "Food for Sex" then you would be the winner. It just misses for me. 0 points.

Clyde - Love the lighting but just misses the topic. 0 points

WillD - I would guess you haven't done a lot of photography but I really like your idea. I would have hidden the tiles from underneath the tray and that white thing at the top left. 1 point/vote (for theme meeting).

Dublass and Tapeisafc - both nice photographs but also look like holiday snaps entered for the competition without too much thought put into them 0 and 0.

Ghost ofEH7- I was going to do the same but a bit clichéd? 0 points

Keeps21 - Topic ? 0 points

What happened to the peanuts on the table picture? Was it a cheat? :eek:

The Woo - Nothing really really works for me in this - doesn't meet the topic (?) and the white branch steals the scene.

Cartman - Meets the topic as I did think about it. Why is it blurred, why is the drink spilled? Bit clichéd? Would be 1 point but you are polling too many so 0 points.

ThankHeaven4Shed7 - I really like this one - I was thinking books and shelves. Love the fridge idea and I like the fact that a lot of the picture is dark. 2 points from me , sadly one vote.

Grwoofwoof - Didn't really get this one, though the picture was maybe harder to take than it looks. 0 points

Ghost of Orr - Like the idea but would have preferred a less cluttered background. One point for the idea but no vote.

Peachbum - (mine) - self evaluation. I really like I was the only one that used "food for thought" as a discussion point rather than something to do with food. I like that it is framed. I am not sure that black and white works, maybe pretty colours would have been better for the pretty dolls. "Boys' Toys" was meant to evoke the thought process of would you let your boys play with dolls? Need to concentrate on focus! 2 points BUT no vote - I can't bring myself to vote for myself!

Roger Nice picture but it seems to not really meet the topic. 0 points

All the above is meant in good faith fellow smbers! Good luck all this round and next!

Good Post Peachbum. I liked the way that different posters interpreted the theme differently, which of course was the idea in the first place.

I also like that the voting isn't all on technical merit as we have many different levels of experience here.

I think it's a great opportunity for us all to grow as photographers being a little bit inspired by what others are shooting.

Grwoofwoof - Didn't really get this one, though the picture was maybe harder to take than it looks. 0 points
The (Scarlet Hawk)fish is weighing up wether to eat the shrimp or not. The (boxer)shrimp is definitley game for a rumble.

Incredibly difficult to take a photo like that, worthy of winning any competition hahahaha. i'm happy with nil point though, not as if I'm last or owt. errr, hang on a mo.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back