Voting - Food for Thought

Picture of the Month for January - Food For Thought?

• Hauser's-Helmet

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Not Spavin - E=Mc2

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Everstar - Hedgehog

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • andy m - Grindon's finest

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Mercia Blackcat - Jucy Lucy

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • clyde

• WillD - Gypsy Breakfast

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dublass

• taipeisafc

• Ghost of EH7 - Brain Food

• keeps21 - Blair's Zakk Wylde hot sauce collection

• thewoo

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Cartman

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • ThankHeavenForShed7

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • grrwoofwoofgrowl

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • The Ghost of ORR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • peachbum - Boys' Toys

• Roger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed you'd deleted it or summat. It was a nice shot, plus it was relevant to the theme I thought.

Entirely my fault.

There were quite a few comments on the thread without pictures and I was deleting them as the entries thread was for entries only and not discussions.

Yours had a comment in it, but no picture loaded so I assumed it was one of them and the comment was about the post before it.

It looks as if there is just some problem loading the picture though as I can now see that its trying to load it and there is one there - and indeed today I tried from my mobile broadband and it loaded fine (still won't load on my home broadband!)

You have my apologies, obviously too late to sort out now so please don't sue me ;)

Entirely my fault.

There were quite a few comments on the thread without pictures and I was deleting them as the entries thread was for entries only and not discussions.

Yours had a comment in it, but no picture loaded so I assumed it was one of them and the comment was about the post before it.

It looks as if there is just some problem loading the picture though as I can now see that its trying to load it and there is one there - and indeed today I tried from my mobile broadband and it loaded fine (still won't load on my home broadband!)

You have my apologies, obviously too late to sort out now so please don't sue me ;)

I just assumed it was deleted because it was crap :lol:

I only raised it to confirm it was not a cheat in any way. Now where did i put that number for my solicitor ;)

Thanks for the explanation it's appreciated.

Noticed a few of you mentioned voting 3 times, how comes?
I voted once and thats all I can from what I can see...

I only voted once and don't see the point of voting for more than one entry. If people do want to vote for more than 1 entry then maybe a pole is not the right way to do it, possibly should be on a sliding scale like 3 points for first, 2 for second and 1 for third.

If some are voting only once for who they want to win, and others are voting numerous times then surely someone that could win, will end up not doing so as other peoples second and third choices may end up with more votes???

Last edited:
I only voted once and don't see the point of voting for more than one entry. If people do want to vote for more than 1 entry then maybe a pole is not the right way to do it, possibly should be on a sliding scale like 3 points for first, 2 for second and 1 for third.

If some are voting only once for who they want to win, and others are voting numerous times then surely someone that could win, will end up not doing so as other peoples second and third choices may end up with more votes???

I quite like the idea of voting for multiple entries, but I agree that the sliding scale idea would be fairest. Might not be practical like.

Quite a few surprises with the voting imo. Puzzled why Ghost of Orr is still voteless, thought his shot was quite clever.

I quite like the idea of voting for multiple entries, but I agree that the sliding scale idea would be fairest. Might not be practical like.

Quite a few surprises with the voting imo. Puzzled why Ghost of Orr is still voteless, thought his shot was quite clever.

We can't do that with the software, and I don't have time to collate it manually, but yes, it might be a good idea.

Nice one, thanks to all for their kind words and for voting.

Great work all round, congratulations to all.

Nice one, thanks to all for their kind words and for voting.

Great work all round, congratulations to all.

To be frank soon as I saw your photo I sort of gave up - figured it was the winner straight away. There is always February though - although not sure I will get enough time to take a photo this month as I am pretty swamped.

Well done to everyone, I was surprised both by the number of entries for the 1st month and also by the effort that people went to.

Keep it up next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back