Virat Kohli

Rohit is arguably the best opener ever after Sachin. So no shame to be overshadowed by him

Not just him been lots of players better

Not saying this to knock him just like. I just don’t like sweeping statements saying 100% best in world etc

World Cup performances play a bit in that

Unreal player like

Average of nigh on 60 over two hundred and odd games...I always think the greatest players are the ones that stood out in their era.

There have been some incredible batsmen over the last twenty years or so. Kohli has changed the game in India not just by his batting but he has changed their attitude to fielding and athleticism.

A tremendous player.

He's not been mundane just overshadowed by Rohit

He's averaging 63 bizarrely @chopsfc007 questioning his lack of hundreds in England. If anything England produces the flattest ODI wickets now.

9 players are averaging more and 8 players have scored more runs than him in the World Cup.

So in terms of best player in the world, he’s so far had a fairly ordinary tournament.

Mind the two biggest games are to come, I expect he’ll score heavily today and on Sunday unfortunately :(

Was in my favourite Indian restaurant on Saturday night. Laxman and Ganguly in the day after.

Nowt to do with his arrogance or ability, just good to know I have the same taste in curries as the natives.

Last edited:
To be fair when people saying he’s by far the best player in the world

He hasn’t been in this World Cup

This is when it matters

It’s a fair question like
Shakib > kohli, root, smith, warner, williamson etc then aye?

The logic used on here at times is immense like :lol:

Shakib > kohli, root, smith, warner, williamson etc then aye?

The logic used on here at times is immense like :lol:

Ok mate

If you don’t think World Cup performance has any indication by you saying he’s by far the best odi player ever then that’s fine

Fairly sensible point. You’re a tad obsessed with him like it’s a bit weird

Last edited:
Ok mate

If you don’t think World Cup performance has any indication by you saying he’s by far the best odi player ever then that’s fine

Fairly sensible point. You’re a tad obsessed with him like it’s a bit weird
So is shakib better than all of the above as hes hhes had a better world cup?

Fairly simple question to answer isnt it?

Of course world.cup.preformance has a say on it .hes averaged 65 or so .Hes hardly been shite :lol:

So is shakib better than all of the above as hes hhes had a better world cup?

Fairly simple question to answer isnt it?

Of course world.cup.preformance has a say on it .hes averaged 65 or so .Hes hardly been shite :lol:

No where did I say that? :lol:

I never said he has been shite, he has had a decent world cup, but others have had much better

You were the one who said he is by far the best ODI player, he isn't by the far anything

No where did I say that? :lol:

I never said he has been shite, he has had a decent world cup, but others have had much better

You were the one who said he is by far the best ODI player, he isn't by the far anything
You didnt but you said rohit is better because.of the world cup so i uused your logic and applied it elsewhere

If.its good for you and all that

You didnt but you said rohit is better because.of the world cup so i uused your logic and applied it elsewhere

If.its good for you and all that

I didn't say anything of the sort, I am saying you have to factor world cup performances in when saying someone is by far the best ODI player,

as tbis is the cricket that matters, not a 5 home ODI series against Bangladesh

You are the one making the big claims mate, not me

Only averages 46 outside of India in test match cricket. Came as a surprise as I thought he averaged more than Bradman given the hyperbole from most commentators.

I know, he is a good player, the stuff about him is way over the top

was the same about de Villiers

Steve Smith gets none of this hyperbole and he averages 61 in test match cricket! 61, thats a good 8 runs more than Virat

Last edited:

Back