Vinicius Junior "feels less and less like playing..."

You’re trying really hard to find a reason, and for what it’s worth I don’t think a large % of Spanish are racist

That clip is embarrassing however. Pathetic

Mate, if you watch real Madrid games every week, he always does something daft that provokes the crowd and makes him an easy target for abuse. As I mentioned, sadly a minority take it too far.

There was absolutely no reason to go into the back of Laporte with his Elbow when Laporte isn't even looking at him 🤷🏼‍♂️

If he just let his football do the talking, he wouldn't be an easy target to receive abuse.

Racist comments are dealt with. La Liga fines the clubs, the clubs identify those involved and ban them and have them fined.

What more can La Liga and the clubs do? It's an educational issue rather than cultural which is exactly the same that happens in the UK, Italy, France and so on.

Mate, if you watch real Madrid games every week, he always does something daft that provokes the crowd and makes him an easy target for abuse. As I mentioned, sadly a minority take it too far.

There was absolutely no reason to go into the back of Laporte with his Elbow when Laporte isn't even looking at him 🤷🏼‍♂️

If he just let his football do the talking, he wouldn't be an easy target to receive abuse.

Racist comments are dealt with. La Liga fines the clubs, the clubs identify those involved and ban them and have them fined.

What more can La Liga and the clubs do? It's an educational issue rather than cultural which is exactly the same that happens in the UK, Italy, France and so on.
I don’t watch Madrid every week, but that’s a complete nothing clip. He might be a bit provocative, a huge number of players are. But if that clip is trying to prove something…….have you watched Luke O’Nien?! And many many many others.

Easy target? It doesn’t matter. It genuinely doesn’t matter. And I won’t make the analogy that I’m thinking of

I think you’re a good bloke. But I’m struggling with why you’re trying to find reasons to defend it to be honest.

On the U.K., it’s much rarer. Italy is a different story

I don’t watch Madrid every week, but that’s a complete nothing clip. He might be a bit provocative, a huge number of players are. But if that clip is trying to prove something…….have you watched Luke O’Nien?! And many many many others.

Easy target? It doesn’t matter. It genuinely doesn’t matter. And I won’t make the analogy that I’m thinking of

I think you’re a good bloke. But I’m struggling with why you’re trying to find reasons to defend it to be honest.

On the U.K., it’s much rarer. Italy is a different story

I'm not defending racist comments. I'm condemning them. What I am defending is the vast majority of Spanish football supporters who are passionate and absolutely not racist.

Spanish fans like English fans hurl insults at players.

In Spain it usually starts with the following:

Imbécil - imbecile/stupid
Subnormal - moron/twat
Gilipollas - arsehole

Along with wanker, pretty much words we hear in stadiums across the UK.

Sadly, in Spain, UK and other countries, there are idiots who revert to racist comments to unsettle the player even more. Is it acceptable? Absolutely not. Even insulting a player with the words mentioned above is unacceptable but sadly it's the society we live in.

In the UK recently there have been incidents involving Palmer at Coventry and Bacuna at Birmingham.

Fans and players should have a responsibility to set a good example. Sadly, neither always do.

Last edited:
I'm not defending racist comments. I'm condemning them. What I am defending is the vast majority of Spanish football supporters who are passionate and absolutely not racist.

Spanish fans like English fans hurl insults at players.

In Spain it usually starts with the following:

Imbécil - imbecile/stupid
Subnormal - moron/twat
Gilipollas - arsehole

Along with wanker, pretty much words we hear in stadiums across the UK.

Sadly, in Spain, UK and other countries, there are idiots who revert to racist comments to unsettle the player even more. Is it acceptable? Absolutely not. Even insulting a player with the words mentioned above is unacceptable but sadly it's the society we live in.

In the UK recently there have been incidents involving Palmer at Coventry and Bacuna at Birmingham.

Fans and players should have a responsibility to set a good example. Sadly, neither always do.
The vast majority of Spanish fans are not racist. Agreed

The behaviour of the players is utterly irrelevant to this entire argument

The vast majority of Spanish fans are not racist. Agreed

The behaviour of the players is utterly irrelevant to this entire argument

Players' actions provoke reactions.

Sadly, an idiotic minority cross the line with their reactions. In Spain, UK, Italy, France and many other places in the world.

Not really, he has a platform and plays the **** when he could solely eradicate racism in spanish football by the end of his career.
Eh? That’s quite a stretch.
Players' actions provoke reactions.

Sadly, an idiotic minority cross the line with their reactions. In Spain, UK, Italy, France and many other places in the world.
It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t in any way, shape or form make it is fault.

You know the short skirt analogy?

Last edited:
Whilst it's next to nowt, something has obviously gone on before that incident. Hence he starts mouthing off and pointing at the player after nudging him in the back.

Eh? That’s quite a stretch.
He is worshipped in football for being one of the top up and coming players in the world. He has a huge platform with a lot of young fans and the world at his feet. If I was him I'd be the face of the racism campaign and work with la liga and other players who face it here to combat it. Eventually the kids growing up watching him and idolising him will be the adults in the stands come the end of his career and he has a chance to change the path their fathers have made.

I think it speaks volumes that from this whole thread your stance has been that racist abuse in England is on the same scale as Spain yet the best you can do is point to two isolated low profile incidents involving a handful of racist individuals.

I think it speaks volumes that from this whole thread your stance has been that racist abuse in England is on the same scale as Spain yet the best you can do is point to two isolated low profile incidents involving a handful of racist individuals.

Nope, you're wrong.

I'm condemning racism, defending the vast majority of Spanish football fans who are being accused of being racist and that Spain has a widespread problem with racism when it doesn't, criticising Vini Jr's onfield conduct and stating that racism sadly exists in many countries in the world.

You and others seem to be on a mission to say that Spain is a racist country when it absolutely isn't.

Nope, you're wrong.

I'm condemning racism, defending the vast majority of Spanish football fans who are being accused of being racist and that Spain has a widespread problem with racism when it doesn't, criticising Vini Jr's onfield conduct and stating that racism sadly exists in many countries in the world.

You and others seem to be on a mission to say that Spain is a racist country when it absolutely isn't.

A racist country? What does that even mean?

I'm saying that Spain is more overtly racist than the UK if we are to use football as some kind of gauge. Would you say that you'd be more likely to hear racist abuse at a Premier league game than in la liga?

A racist country? What does that even mean?

I'm saying that Spain is more overtly racist than the UK if we are to use football as some kind of gauge. Would you say that you'd be more likely to hear racist abuse at a Premier league game than in la liga?

It's not about whether Spain has a bigger racism problem than the UK or not. Why is that important?

Vini Jr isn't abused and insulted because of the colour of his skin. It's because his conduct on the pitch makes him an easy target for these insults and abuse which sadly leads to a few idiots reverting to racist comments which is wholly unacceptable.

Some people on this thread are making it into a battle of who has more of a problem with racism in football when both countries and others still have a minority of idiots who commit disgusting acts such as racism, xenophobia, homophobia and people who even mock the deceased.
How? Do you know what went on here? You really don't like him ,do you?

I don't have any problem with him but I can see why his actions provoke players and fans.

Last edited:
It's not about whether Spain has a bigger racism problem than the UK or not. Why is that important?

Vini Jr isn't abused and insulted because of the colour of his skin. It's because his conduct on the pitch makes him an easy target for these insults and abuse which sadly leads to a few idiots reverting to racist comments which is wholly unacceptable.

Some people on this thread are making it into a battle of who has more of a problem with racism in football when both countries and others still have a minority of idiots who commit disgusting acts such as racism, xenophobia, homophobia and people who even mock the deceased.

I don't have any problem with him but I can see why his actions provoke players and fans.
What happened in the clip? Do you know if anything was said by the other player? Or are you jumping to conclusions

Back