View from Happy Clapper SWC

All I can say is , if you had been there and experienced the atmosphere when the lads had real go you might be giving them and Dodds some credit. We were playing by far and away the best team in the League and without our two best wingers. There are quite a few positives to come out of that game. That last 30 mins was the best we have played since before Mowbray went. We all know the season has been thriwn away. But that isn’t the players or Dodds fault and the armchair keyboard warriors ( am not accusing you of that mind ) droning on about it constantly is not helping. The mood on our coach home was very positive considering that was our 5th loss in a row.
In how to say everyone I was speaking to walking back to the pub were the same - fairly upbeat and happy with that second half against the best side in the league

In my humble opinion the team that finished last night with the exception of leaving Rigg in instead of Styles should start the next match.
Would love to see it myself .
Love this post. Roll on Saturday , can’t wait.

Last edited:
If you manipulate the numbers you can make them say anything you want.

If you look at an even longer term stock market graph, we have been below where we should be for the longest period of time in our history.

People will be annoyed until we are back in the top flight. And rightly so.
But the "where we should be" bit doesn't sit comfortably. It starts to sound of entitlement and delusion.
The table doesn't lie after a season of results. We have always ended up "where we should be" every season.... and that's hardly ever in the top half of the Premiership. In fact I believe the last time we were there was courtesy of a Mr S.R.Bruce and he got hounded out of the club by our own fans. It's a funny old game.
In how to say everyone I was speaking to walking back to the pub were the same - fairly upbeat and happy with that second half against the best side in the league
Yep, same with our group. We were pretty weak in the first half but did well against the top of the league team in the second half. We were all pretty happy leaving that match, although we'd much prefer a few more points on the boards as we play the next few matches.

But apparently people aren't allowed to have opinions on a message board designed for people to post opinions.

I think it makes posters who throw around terms like 'bedwetters' and 'snowflakes' feel better though. Kind of gets out some of their pent-up frustration in life. So I am relieved that this message board is here for them. :)

Last edited:
Nobody, play Jobe as the false 9, it worked the last time we had Dodds in charge, albeit Clarke was available, but Mundle or Ba could fill in. Absolutely pointless playing Hemir, Burstow or Rusyn, 3 goals between them proves that.
Yeah fair enough, can’t really argue with that - anything to get Mr Undroppable out of the midfield😂

But the "where we should be" bit doesn't sit comfortably. It starts to sound of entitlement and delusion.
The table doesn't lie after a season of results. We have always ended up "where we should be" every season.... and that's hardly ever in the top half of the Premiership. In fact I believe the last time we were there was courtesy of a Mr S.R.Bruce and he got hounded out of the club by our own fans. It's a funny old game.

Yep, same with our group. We were pretty weak in the first half but did well against the top of the league team in the second half. We were all pretty happy leaving that match, although we'd much prefer a few more points on the boards as we play the next few matches.

But apparently people aren't allowed to have opinions on a message board designed for people to post opinions.

I think it makes posters who throw around terms like 'bedwetters' and 'snowflakes' feel better though. Kind of gets out some of their pent-up frustration in life. So I am relieved that this message board is here for them. :)
Whilst I agree with almost all of your points , am not having Bruce was forced out by the fans. Thats BS. He was sacked because of the results.

Did you feel no positivity at all walking out of the stadium last night after the buzz of that last 30 mins ?
I think in the cold light of day I might begin to see the positives in our second half performance. But to say I should have had a 'buzz' walking out of the stadium at our 5th consecutive loss is a bit ridiculous.

Have a like for optimism.

Back