View from Happy Clapper SWC

We never gave the opposition this much respect under Mowbray, it's like we expect to get beat every time we start games. By the time Dodds and the players realise with a bit of fight and effort we can hurt them then its too late, the damage is already done.
Had a look last night and out of the 17 games we've lost this season 14 were by one goal. 14 points on our total is slap bang in the middle of the playoff places.

Had a look last night and out of the 17 games we've lost this season 14 were by one goal. 14 points on our total is slap bang in the middle of the playoff places.
We didn't win them, that's the issue, we can't give teams the lead and then start to play, especially when we play strikers who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Could have 3 down in 12mins.Brilliant from Patto. Gradually we ground a foothold into the game. Got to HT still in against vastly superior opposition. Second half we had a go. Played some good stuff last 30mins. Tactical change to sub Elwah and move Jobe deep worked. Rusyn and auchiche caused them problems. Unlucky not to get a point. Lads were rightly applauded off at FT.
Rigg played well. As did Lukeand Hume
Hemir anonymous.
Hjelde will be in league1 sooner rather later. Can’t pass a ball.
The team showed enough to see that we will get the points we need to steer clear of any relegation worries.
Dodds did as well as he could with that squad tonight.
Foxes will win the league , too many PL quality players.
Anyone else at the back of the SWC. The bloke in our row, 2 rows from the back who is a bit of a nutter got kicked out last night for what seemed like a drug fuelled crazy rant at everyone around him. He was going mental, shouting and swearing but was just getting carried away and he's harmless. Stewards kicked him out. Harsh.

Could have 3 down in 12mins.Brilliant from Patto. Gradually we ground a foothold into the game. Got to HT still in against vastly superior opposition. Second half we had a go. Played some good stuff last 30mins. Tactical change to sub Elwah and move Jobe deep worked. Rusyn and auchiche caused them problems. Unlucky not to get a point. Lads were rightly applauded off at FT.
Rigg played well. As did Lukeand Hume.
Hemir anonymous.
Hjelde will be in league1 sooner rather later. Can’t pass a ball.
The team showed enough to see that we will get the points we need to steer clear of any relegation worries.
Dodds did as well as he could with that squad tonight.
Foxes will win the league , too many PL quality players.
I sometimes wonder what the scouts are watching and how they report on players nowadays. In days gone by players would be watched over a period of time playing for Under 18's, Under 21's and even the Reserve team in order to see them against increasingly robust and skilful opposition. I'm not sure what the system is now but I still believe, with experience, you can see a 'proper' footballer without a great deal of difficulty. Some of the players we've moved on seem to have been hopeless across different domains and I wonder why they came to us in the first place.

Therein lies the rub.
What else can we do though? Stamp our feet?
If we get taken over by Saudis I'll be walking not celebrating with a tea towel on my head like those idiots up the road.

In the longer term our progress continues in the correct direction. It's what happens in the summer and next season that is important, not knee-jerk reactions and ambitions of grandeur. It is delusional to think we are anything other than a (currently) mid-table Championship club with a big stadium and excellent training facilities. The table doesn't lie, we're not good enough to be further up. None of us has a magic wand or a stash of cash to invest. It is what it is.

What else can we do though? Stamp our feet?
If we get taken over by Saudis I'll be walking not celebrating with a tea towel on my head like those idiots up the road.

In the longer term our progress continues in the correct direction. It's what happens in the summer and next season that is important, not knee-jerk reactions and ambitions of grandeur. It is delusional to think we are anything other than a (currently) mid-table Championship club with a big stadium and excellent training facilities. The table doesn't lie, we're not good enough to be further up. None of us has a magic wand or a stash of cash to invest. It is what it is.
I wouldn’t say having a competent striker and an experienced midfielder are delusions of grandeur. I’d say they were merely basic ingredients of a sensibly balanced squad.

The fact that both omissions (for the third window running) continue to hamper us, suggest to me that those in charge are nowhere near as clever as they appear to think.

As for direction of travel I tend to think in the here and now. It is indisputably 👎

As for direction of travel I tend to think in the here and now. It is indisputably 👎
Absolutely. 5 defeats in a row isn't great form.

However, like the stock market, our graph shows an upward trajectory from our lowest ever position. The current owner's regime got us out of League One. The idiots before him couldn't manage that, so there is an improvement to note.

If they can get their transfer dealings correct this summer (manager and player) we can hit the ground running (for once!) and blast this division. This season is a write-off, but we can get the ship in order for next season. Constant moaning and groaning doesn't help that happen.

However, like the stock market, our graph shows an upward trajectory from our lowest ever position. The current owner's regime got us out of League One. The idiots before him couldn't manage that, so there is an improvement to note.

If they can get their transfer dealings correct this summer (manager and player) we can hit the ground running (for once!) and blast this division. This season is a write-off, but we can get the ship in order for next season. Constant moaning and groaning doesn't help that happen.

If remains the key word in your post.
Moaning and groaning has its place where merited and can be the catalyst for change.

Sycophantic cap doffing to a regime that hasn’t even provided consecutive head coaches with the bare minimum just gives them licence to continue do likewise.

Thanks for saying this, am sick to the back teeth of all the negative posts on here.

Thanks for saying this, am sick to the back teeth of all the negative posts on here.

Results are bad, performances are bad, stats are bad, its a shambles off the pitch, now its not much better on it due to ownership decisions.

Remind me what we should be positive about?

Back