View from Happy Clapper SWC

Anyone else at the back of the SWC. The bloke in our row, 2 rows from the back who is a bit of a nutter got kicked out last night for what seemed like a drug fuelled crazy rant at everyone around him. He was going mental, shouting and swearing but was just getting carried away and he's harmless. Stewards kicked him out. Harsh.
Sounds like Beale is still taking his dismissal badly.

Did you feel no positivity at all walking out of the stadium last night after the buzz of that last 30 mins ?

I was working so wasn’t there. Watched some of 1st half and we looked as bad as i can remember. Its not just last night though

Playing well for 30 mins but losing surely isn’t our target, even Speakman pretty much said play offs wasn’t enough.

The positivity and feel good from last season could have been built on to really push on this season. Instead they’ve killed the positivity and the season, we now go into Summer losing key players and rebuilding yet again

I was working so wasn’t there. Watched some of 1st half and we looked as bad as i can remember. Its not just last night though

Playing well for 30 mins but losing surely isn’t our target, even Speakman pretty much said play offs wasn’t enough.

The positivity and feel good from last season could have been built on to really push on this season. Instead they’ve killed the positivity and the season, we now go into Summer losing key players and rebuilding yet again
All I can say is , if you had been there and experienced the atmosphere when the lads had real go you might be giving them and Dodds some credit. We were playing by far and away the best team in the League and without our two best wingers. There are quite a few positives to come out of that game. That last 30 mins was the best we have played since before Mowbray went. We all know the season has been thriwn away. But that isn’t the players or Dodds fault and the armchair keyboard warriors ( am not accusing you of that mind ) droning on about it constantly is not helping. The mood on our coach home was very positive considering that was our 5th loss in a row.

All I can say is , if you had been there and experienced the atmosphere when the lads had real go you might be giving them and Dodds some credit. We were playing by far and away the best team in the League and without our two best wingers. There are quite a few positives to come out of that game. That last 30 mins was the best we have played since before Mowbray went. We all know the season has been thriwn away. But that isn’t the players or Dodds fault and the armchair keyboard warriors ( am not accusing you of that mind ) droning on about it constantly is not helping. The mood on our coach home was very positive considering that was our 5th loss in a row.
Leicester were coming off 3 defeats in a row with their last defeat at home to QPR. Dodds got the tactics wrong again in the first half and learnt nothing from the previous game starting Hemir up front. If you are happy with losing 5 on the bounce because the players did the bare minimum for one half of football, then you are an owners dream, nobody was buzzing leaving the stadium yesterday.

I admire your optimism, I really do. To say (and I don’t necessarily disagree) that 30 minutes of a game in which we didn’t score, lost the game and only caused the opposition keeper to make one save of note, was the best we’ve played since sacking a manager over 12 weeks ago - is that not even raising the smallest red flag that all might not be going swimmingly ?

Results are bad, performances are bad, stats are bad, its a shambles off the pitch, now its not much better on it due to ownership decisions.

Remind me what we should be positive about?
Would you rather we still played football in the third tier?
Sounds like Beale is still taking his dismissal badly.
We were just above him and watching it all unfold. He got let back in later on.
I admire your optimism, I really do. To say (and I don’t necessarily disagree) that 30 minutes of a game in which we didn’t score, lost the game and only caused the opposition keeper to make one save of note, was the best we’ve played since sacking a manager over 12 weeks ago - is that not even raising the smallest red flag that all might not be going swimmingly ?
It would be worse if we had played crap like we have done for a lot of the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Well it is though.

We scraped up from League One through the play-offs and it took a few goes.

We’ve proved we can win a few games in the league above without any really decent signings and with no accomplished strikers.

Imagine if we stayed up and signed a couple of decent strikers in the summer.

If you look at the long-term stock market type graph, we’re still on an upwards trajectory. It’s just short-term misery.

If you manipulate the numbers you can make them say anything you want.

If you look at an even longer term stock market graph, we have been below where we should be for the longest period of time in our history.

People will be annoyed until we are back in the top flight. And rightly so.

In some ways it depends on your view point. For roughly 60+ minutes we had the best of the possession and came very close. For 30 minutes we were terrible. I think that 30 is mostly on Dodds for picking the wrong system and pkayers not being organised, plus Leicester were good and some of ours aren’t up to standard. So by the end I felt surprisingly positive about us and some players I’ve had little hope for this far. However our striking options will mean even playing well doesn’t win us games, so it remains an embarrassment and a hindrance to a team with supposed ambition and that bit isn’t weakened by injury.

Would you rather we still played football in the third tier?

We were just above him and watching it all unfold. He got let back in later on.

It would be worse if we had played crap like we have done for a lot of the last 10 years.

We would have had a real chance at promotion if decisions hadn’t been so poor.

We played some of the best football i’ve seen in ages last season, we’re now slow / boring / lacking intent with a lot of the same players and supposedly some good additions - that isn’t a positive, something has gone very wrong

Leicester were coming off 3 defeats in a row with their last defeat at home to QPR. Dodds got the tactics wrong again in the first half and learnt nothing from the previous game starting Hemir up front. If you are happy with losing 5 on the bounce because the players did the bare minimum for one half of football, then you are an owners dream, nobody was buzzing leaving the stadium yesterday.
Out of interest, who would you start up front?

Back