Vaux

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Debunked?" By who exactly? Official decree of Paul Watson?
As I wake up, for about the 22,000th day ....in Sunderland....to travel past that location for about the 1500th time to go to work........in Sunderland......I'm not really sure what more I should do to "visit".
Never mind. Last week I went to our museum - (you should try a visit). On the ground floor they're showing a series of still photographs of old Roker and Seaburn. In the excellent Port 300 exhibition upstairs there are more pics of the seafront. Pics showing our coast in all its glory. Odd that at a time when the seafront was constantly thronged with visitors and the commercial prospects for the area were peaking neither the Edwardians or Victorians ever saw "fit" to despoil the coastal vista by planting a building on that side of the promenade.
The one area of natural beauty that Sunderland has over other North East cities and Sunderland Council are determined to slather it with cheap generic buildings

Welcome to Seaburn, twinned with Slough and Milton Keynes

That. It's a mess down there. Have they actually started building any attractions yet or just demolishing some of the eyesores?
They only have outline permission so they are not allowed to build yet. They have employed a team of architect and landscape architects (PAD Design are lead architects) and they have commissioned Simon Watkinson to be the lead artist for the site (I helped to choose him).

This whole thread is to complain about the redevelopment that has started.

Damned if you do...

The one area of natural beauty that Sunderland has over other North East cities and Sunderland Council are determined to slather it with cheap generic buildings

Welcome to Seaburn, twinned with Slough and Milton Keynes
Not Sunderland Council.

Wrong again

They only have outline permission so they are not allowed to build yet. They have employed a team of architect and landscape architects (PAD Design are lead architects) and they have commissioned Simon Watkinson to be the lead artist for the site (I helped to choose him).

Damned if you do...

Not Sunderland Council.

Wrong again
To design what for where? I hope whatever it is is on the right side of the road this time!

Damned if you do...

Not Sunderland Council.

Wrong again
Well to be fair, as I said to Wilfy, if only investment that can be got is for offices, Which may lead to investment in leisure and entertainment investment, so be it. It's just a shame such prime sites with good views are being used for other things. BT at Shields and Vaux are two examples.

Last edited:
To design what for where? I hope whatever it is is on the right side of the road this time!

Well to be fair, as I said to Wilfy, if only investment that can be got is for offices, Which may lead to investment in leisure and entertainment investment, so be it. It's just a shame such prime sites with good views are being used for other things. BT at Shields and Vaux are two examples.

Hotel and retail too

Bt at shields was handled disgracefully imo

I've said nearly all I want to say on this thread. But I will finish with this:
Sunderland's architectural and developmental landscape over the last forty odd years has been akin to continually putting bad fillings into a mouth of rotting teeth, when regular hygiene would have been better.
The Vaux site represents the last chance for the town to prosper - get this wrong and it's done for.
Oh, and one little riposte to Sunderland Council's mouthpiece-in-chief if I may: if you look back over all of your comments you make numerous references to "shit". You seem to have a Freudian tendency towards this word, although perhaps not so surprising from one who speaks so much of it. (and there you are, a little smiley to add to your collection). Cheers all. Goodbye, until the next topic.

I've said nearly all I want to say on this thread. But I will finish with this:
Sunderland's architectural and developmental landscape over the last forty odd years has been akin to continually putting bad fillings into a mouth of rotting teeth, when regular hygiene would have been better.
The Vaux site represents the last chance for the town to prosper - get this wrong and it's done for.
Oh, and one little riposte to Sunderland Council's mouthpiece-in-chief if I may: if you look back over all of your comments you make numerous references to "shit". You seem to have a Freudian tendency towards this word, although perhaps not so surprising from one who speaks so much of it. (and there you are, a little smiley to add to your collection). Cheers all. Goodbye, until the next topic.
^ top poster on this thread

Anytime a thread so much as criticises the Council the usual spokespersons arrive to defend it no matter what the subject.
It is enlightening that they seem to go after the person making the point rather than addressing the point raised.

Because the person making the point is more often than not an uninformed mood hoover...it is the sunderland way.

Take the OP for example....complaining that we haven't built a rusty crane

Because the person making the point is more often than not an uninformed mood hoover...it is the sunderland way.

Take the OP for example....complaining that we haven't built a rusty crane
Are you really this thick or do you have to wor.....fuck it you really are this thick. And painfully unfunny.

Build a rusty crane? Are you mental? Why would anyone build a rusty crane....enlighten us all. Please.

It is. I think the fella has a beef that it went from this

Logon or register to see this image

To this

Logon or register to see this image
It is beyond belief isn't it how anybody can defend this tribute to 1960s Soviet architecture. It's bloody awful.

Last edited:
Has anyone criticising office blocks on the Vaux site offered a cost effective, viable alternative?

Obviously in an ideal world we'd probably all move Hendon, stick a load of office blocks there and have footfall filter up through Sunniside in the direction of the Vaux site and a brand new Train station, but that's not going to happen and it's pointless looking backwards and criticising.

Are you really this thick or do you have to wor.....fuck it you really are this thick. And painfully unfunny.

Build a rusty crane? Are you mental? Why would anyone build a rusty crane....enlighten us all. Please.

It is beyond belief isn't it how anybody can defend this tribute to 1960s Soviet architecture. It's bloody awful.
Answer me one question...honestly and without agenda...can you do that?

Anytime a thread so much as criticises the Council the usual spokespersons arrive to defend it no matter what the subject.
It is enlightening that they seem to go after the person making the point rather than addressing the point raised.

The OP criticism was a complete over reaction of a poor choice of word a tin pot radio station made.

However he's got previous form on this.
His points have been addressed yet he has failed to address questions that others have raised. Repeatidly pulled up for over exaggerating and telling lies. Many of his arguments are contradictory. He's just fault picking for the sake of it cos he's got an agenda against the council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back