Vaux site

Warra load of utter tosh. It just proves they are desperate to fill the Vaux site with any old shite the can get their hands on. No plan, no vision, no f***ing clue! What happened to all the f***ing models of the vaux site? The sooner these twats are voted out the better!

U ok hun?

Sunderland seems to have a fairly decent % of the population who are radged about the council and seek to blame them for everything that’s wrong with the city and their own lives.
I think the problem with Sunderland is that it is to reliant on the council to do anything in the city. Most other successful cities are developed and delivered by the private sector, as where there is profit there is opportunity. The issue in Sunderland is that there is little in the way of profit and as such development budgets are restricted and the quality or scale gets reduced accordingly, to add to that they councils appear to be under real budgetary pressures. the council then get berated for investing in developments at the expense of delivering services which i believe is often untrue.

The council somehow need to create the conditions that private sector investment is viable, thus reducing the reliance on them.
If they build houses on the old eye infirmary site then they'll be a canny high price like.
Agreed. But no doubt the council / nhs will be corrupt as they won’t deliver affordable housing.

I think the problem with Sunderland is that it is to reliant on the council to do anything in the city. Most other successful cities are developed and delivered by the private sector, as where there is profit there is opportunity. The issue in Sunderland is that there is little in the way of profit and as such development budgets are restricted and the quality or scale gets reduced accordingly, to add to that they councils appear to be under real budgetary pressures. the council then get berated for investing in developments at the expense of delivering services which i believe is often untrue.

The council somehow need to create the conditions that private sector investment is viable, thus reducing the reliance on them.

Agreed. But no doubt the council / nhs will be corrupt as they won’t deliver affordable housing.
A lot of the FB lot have the view that there are queues of large companies waiting to set up in Sunderland.

agreed.

If they build houses on the old eye infirmary site then they'll be a canny high price like.
Certainly will
I hope it’s social housing and sit back and listen to the twisting
Would prefer an ice rink or swimming pool
Certainly will
I hope it’s social housing and sit back and listen to the twisting
Would prefer an ice rink or swimming pool

The good news for Sunderland is it won’t always be like this and it will eventually attract inward private investment.
There’s a real buzz about the place. Things are changing and it will be a great place for business!!!!

Canny write up about the developments and plan

Back