Vaux site

Because in reality where everything hinges on viability assessments and cost benefit analysis is required, added aesthetics of a bridge offer nothing. It serves the same purpose as an off the shelf solution and it won't bring in any money, therefore it's a luxury and we're in awful economic times.

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's chips, it's just what I see as being realistic. The design of that bridge in the render looks good anyway imo, not sure what you're expecting? If it's nice and wide and well lit it'll be perfect. The span of the bridge needs to be massive, cost must be sky high for something like that.

I do wonder who’s funding it ie the council 100% or if they are receiving external funding. I suspect if it’s the council the budget will be tight, if they get external funding then they would have greater flexibility to provide a better looking bridge, although they did try that on northern spire and it wasn’t a great success.

I made that!😅. did it about a year and a half ago when I needed the site for a presentation so made that. there's a faint watermark of my name just above the table

the phone number is the echo office. i really liked the idea of someone in the echo office picking up the phone and hearing someone shout house and then hanging up.
After we lost the City of Culture bid I wrote an automatic poem generator taken from Echo FB comments on the subject.
I still haven't ruled out writing a play called 'What about my bins?' :lol:

Because in reality where everything hinges on viability assessments and cost benefit analysis is required, added aesthetics of a bridge offer nothing. It serves the same purpose as an off the shelf solution and it won't bring in any money, therefore it's a luxury and we're in awful economic times.

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's chips, it's just what I see as being realistic. The design of that bridge in the render looks good anyway imo, not sure what you're expecting? If it's nice and wide and well lit it'll be perfect. The span of the bridge needs to be massive, cost must be sky high for something like that.

Probably around £30million mark but that probably includes consultancy costs too

After we lost the City of Culture bid I wrote an automatic poem generator taken from Echo FB comments on the subject.
I still haven't ruled out writing a play called 'What about my bins?' :lol:
😄 there's some cracking comments people make. a lad on that article today (about the council extending a car park) said "
why would we pay to visit our sea front it’s a disgrace it should be free parking the council don’t spend hardly any money
On the upkeep of our sea front no investment no improvements it’s shameful". :lol:

I made that. always gets a good laugh when posted. i watermarked my name just above the table

Last edited:
this is what i was meant to post earlier but it didnt work

Logon or register to see this image

Is it the cobbled path near to the southwest corner of the ground? Or the paths along each riverside?

I think they should have been putting homes & businesses right up to the riverside....too much of that area is overgrown and feels like a no-go area. By the sounds of it theyve going to retain the overgrown areas that arent inviting

Back