Vaux site

Its really happening which is great news, the people on the echo comments will have to find something new to say other then It won't ever happen
Culture House - £27.225m gross, £13.058m net (£14.167m external funding)

Creation of a new 80,000 square foot library and archive facility as an anchor attraction and focal point to the Central Business District, generating additional footfall and expenditure into the City. The building will incorporate indoor city square, adult library, children and young people’s library, learning zone, creative/making spaces, local history and archives, events space, café and outdoor space. It will be designed to the highest achievable sustainability requirements in order to minimise ongoing revenue costs and to meet Council objectives of being Carbon Zero by 2030. The project is subject to the successful outcome of a bid for external funding from the Future High Street Fund, with the outcome expected to be confirmed by the end of 2020. Area Outcomes / Benefits and Contribution to Strategic Priorities: Project will benefit the city’s residents, businesses and visitors via the provision of a new and improved facility which will provide access to enhanced educational and cultural services, increasing footfall in the city centre.

Great news, will this not impact the Museum and Library though?

Hopefully for the better. Taking the library out means they may be able to put something decent in there. Wonder if anyone will take over the running of the cafe.

The museum could do with a refurbishment again, apart from the top 2 floors, I think everything else has pretty much been there since 2000/2001, it is starting to look very dated inside

Aye, start looking for a contractor to build it.

Are you a councillor mate? Or in the know on council matters? If so what do you know about the idea of St Marys way becoming single carriageway only a couple years after it was made dual carriageway? Was the scheme government funded and does now changing the road network in a short space of time have consequences for any future bidding for funds?

Sorry about all the questions but id love to know the idea behind it, cheers

Are you a councillor mate? Or in the know on council matters? If so what do you know about the idea of St Marys way becoming single carriageway only a couple years after it was made dual carriageway? Was the scheme government funded and does now changing the road network in a short space of time have consequences for any future bidding for funds?

Sorry about all the questions but id love to know the idea behind it, cheers
I’m not mate, just get updates through work. I do struggle to understand why they would make st Mary’s a single carriageway, hopefully it’s just part of the artist’s impression that doesn’t come to fruition.

I’m not mate, just get updates through work. I do struggle to understand why they would make st Mary’s a single carriageway, hopefully it’s just part of the artist’s impression that doesn’t come to fruition.

I’ve read the proposals on the riverside and its definitely planned to be single lane unfortunately

I’ve read the proposals on the riverside and its definitely planned to be single lane unfortunately

The proposals say they're going to put bollards down to make it a temporary single lane as a tester to see how it goes. Then if successful make it permanent. So it's not a definite, and even if it goes ahead it'll probably be 10-15 years down the line as it looks like it ties in with all the HSW regeneration which is a canny few years off.

Back