Vaux Site

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

So what is the current situation on this? How many cities have a cliff overlooking a river that runs through them, and how come we end up with this mess?

FFS even So Shields managed to knock down and rebuild that library thing in the market place within3 years, and they must rank as the worst council in history....or maybe not.

Lol, you’re a failure even as a WUM.
He does this all the time - you asked a simple question and he resorts to childish responses and smilies. Whatever may or may not happen to Sunderland the pace of change is painfully slow. Defending this is counterproductive. As I keep saying buildings are constantly going up in Newcastle and relatively nothing happens in Sunderland - lots of talk of hotels, music venues, old Police Station etc. No doubt people will respond with a list of developments such as the Fire Station but the Vaux site remains a painful sign of the painful stagnation that besets Sunderland - no amount of research will change the the proof we see with our own eyes.

Give it to charity mate :D
What was the bet?

He does this all the time - you asked a simple question and he resorts to childish responses and smilies. Whatever may or may not happen to Sunderland the pace of change is painfully slow. Defending this is counterproductive. As I keep saying buildings are constantly going up in Newcastle and relatively nothing happens in Sunderland - lots of talk of hotels, music venues, old Police Station etc. No doubt people will respond with a list of developments such as the Fire Station but the Vaux site remains a painful sign of the painful stagnation that besets Sunderland - no amount of research will change the the proof we see with our own eyes.
Spot on.

Look at Seaburn too. The old leisure centre shut just under two years ago. We still have nothing but outline plans. No firm plans, no tenants and not a brick laid.

Well people say well done Sunderland council it makes me cringe as everyone can see the entire city is worse now than it was at the height of the 80’s recession.

The council take 10 times longer than most others to do anything and they are clueless to how bad the actually are.

The only thing the do well is excuses.

Boris bear fits the council ethos like a glove.

So there’s no tenants lined up?
Citizens advice and job centre iirc?
Inside knowledge Matty ere mind.
Any private tenants though? Rather than the council just moving public departments?

Last edited:
Whatever your view of Sunderland Council and i’m no Council basher, it’s pretty obvious they’re struggling badly with occupation of the Vaux site you can’t wrap it up any other way, the evidence is there with our own eyes.
No matter who they’re in partnership with and appoint nothing is really happening.
Perish the thought but would a Tory Council handle this better and have more success?

Whatever your view of Sunderland Council and i’m no Council basher, it’s pretty obvious they’re struggling badly with occupation of the Vaux site you can’t wrap it up any other way, the evidence is there with our own eyes.
No matter who they’re in partnership with and appoint nothing is really happening.
Perish the thought but would a Tory Council handle this better and have more success?
Wouldn't matter, the labour councillors on mass could drop their pants, shit in the middle of keel square in broad daylight and start flinging it at passers by and people would still vote for them...labour till I die etc etc no matter how shit they are:lol:

The reason they are struggling with tenants is that no business will have any confidence in the council to deliver something that would be acceptable.

If it's taken this long to half build one dull looking building, why would I consider moving my business there? The town centre has little to offer and there are much better alternatives all around the north east.

The shear fact they've only build one building shows that they don't even have confidence in it themselves.

Wouldn't matter, the labour councillors on mass could drop their pants, shit in the middle of keel square in broad daylight and start flinging it at passers by and people would still vote for them...labour till I die etc etc no matter how shit they are:lol:
It's awful blind faith which is repaid with incompetence. Nothing will change whilst we've got these lot with their noses in the trough.

What was the bet?

Spot on.

Look at Seaburn too. The old leisure centre shut just under two years ago. We still have nothing but outline plans. No firm plans, no tenants and not a brick laid.

Well people say well done Sunderland council it makes me cringe as everyone can see the entire city is worse now than it was at the height of the 80’s recession.

The council take 10 times longer than most others to do anything and they are clueless to how bad the actually are.

The only thing the do well is excuses.

Boris bear fits the council ethos like a glove.

Any private tenants though? Rather than the council just moving public departments?
Well of course not.

The reason they are struggling with tenants is that no business will have any confidence in the council to deliver something that would be acceptable.

If it's taken this long to half build one dull looking building, why would I consider moving my business there? The town centre has little to offer and there are much better alternatives all around the north east.

The shear fact they've only build one building shows that they don't even have confidence in it themselves.

It's awful blind faith which is repaid with incompetence. Nothing will change whilst we've got these lot with their noses in the trough.
Like the ‘one in the eye for the sandies’ comments.
People talking about Nissan moving from Tyne dock to the Port of Sunderland to export cars and supply the new factories getting built at Nissan
South Tyneside council are already busy restructuring all their roads to the port of Tyne. It will be up and running before ours even starts.

Last edited:
It's all retrospective but the doxford park businesses should have been built in and around the city centre and riverside.
Currently Sunderland city centre is mostly retail but as things get tougher for the retail sector, they'll need to come up with more creative uses for the vacated shops, or the situation will just get worse.
Getting more people living in the centre may be a good start.

South Tyneside council are already busy restructuring all their roads to the port of Tyne. It will be up and running before ours even starts.

I was wondering why that work was being done at Tyne Dock.

Probably one of Nissans backhand sweeteners from the last time they bribed the government.

Just PayPal it to him

Why on earth would he be reluctant to dish out his details??

And bridges...and colleges...and universities...and £1.5billion of external investment in the last 5 years
Whats the bridge got to do with the council its taken 20/30 years of plans and models to get built with money from the present government?

Whats the bridge got to do with the council its taken 20/30 years of plans and models to get built with money from the present government?
And money from the council...and the council also built the business case for government investment.

This is part of the problem...thick twats moaning about stuff without even bothering to understand the details

Back