Vaux new bridge starting in the next few weeks

That'll shut the Sunderland corruption lot up. They've been telling people the bridge had ran out of funding so works stopped which sounds absolutely ridiculous but most on there believe it

people being lying A*seholes on big tech platforms like Facebook must be the default position on any subject

That'll shut the Sunderland corruption lot up. They've been telling people the bridge had ran out of funding so works stopped which sounds absolutely ridiculous but most on there believe it

they said that 'waits' (sp) had ran out of money. they aren't even anything to do with the job, the company 'Wates' have taken over the housing development adjacent that Tolent had before they went under. progress has been slow due to trying to take on a complicated construction project/contract that is half built and has been stood derelict for a year, and the increased costs of materials that have occured in the mean time. absolutely fuck all to do with the new bridge which is an entirely different site, and being built by Volker Stevin

they said that 'waits' (sp) had ran out of money. they aren't even anything to do with the job, the company 'Wates' have taken over the housing development adjacent that Tolent had before they went under. progress has been slow due to trying to take on a complicated construction project/contract that is half built and has been stood derelict for a year, and the increased costs of materials that have occured in the mean time. absolutely fuck all to do with the new bridge which is an entirely different site, and being built by Volker Stevin
Somebody told me that wates was a multi million pound massive building company. Surely they'd have the money to get the site rolling again. The plans would've been just passed onto them n'all. It shouldn't be that complicated.It all seems a bit odd.And no, I am not one of the corruption dodgepots.Its the one bit of the brilliant developments that are going on, that I find concerning

You know I've followed all developments pretty close and updated info when I've come across it... I can see they got the wrong contractor in their post about the bridge and obvs wrong info as its progressing well, however it has got me thinking about Wates on vaux housing as nothing has happened for months. I've been searching for info whether wates have actually pulled out as it seems strange that they went gung ho at it from last Sept to level the whole site ready to start again but now nothing at all has happened most of this year?

You know I've followed all developments pretty close and updated info when I've come across it... I can see they got the wrong contractor in their post about the bridge and obvs wrong info as its progressing well, however it has got me thinking about Wates on vaux housing as nothing has happened for months. I've been searching for info whether wates have actually pulled out as it seems strange that they went gung ho at it from last Sept to level the whole site ready to start again but now nothing at all has happened most of this year?
Somebody told me that wates was a multi million pound massive building company. Surely they'd have the money to get the site rolling again. The plans would've been just passed onto them n'all. It shouldn't be that complicated.It all seems a bit odd.And no, I am not one of the corruption dodgepots.Its the one bit of the brilliant developments that are going on, that I find concerning

i'm not sure as i know nothing about them or the site, but i have been involved in taking over multi-million pound construction projects when the previous contractor has went bust and its awfully complicated. before you can touch anything the entire structure(s) need fully inspected and surveyed not just for their progress but to see if it has been built to specification/standards.. a lot of the time the last few months of a dying construction company will see sub-contractors taking everything they can off the job when they know they aren't getting paid. if the structure isn't water tight then there is obvious big repercussions on internal works needing ripping out. temporary works, things like scaffolding, trench supports, temporary power etc.. will all need redesigning and re-built/signed off before you can even step foot in some areas of the site. then you have the previously agreed rates and contracts that the client had with the main contractor that was used to price the job through sub contractors, all of which need remeasuring, repricing, putting back out for tender etc usually at higher material, plant and labour costs and it will have originally been priced and agreed 3 or 4 years ago, some materials may not be available to buy anymore.. on top of that, some of the designers may have been employed directly by the main contractor... they haven't been paid and have now fucked off meaning new designers need to go over every drawing and model with a fine tooth comb. its highly complex and risky for the new contractor and costly for the client

however, it does seem to be taking ages

Why did they have to level the site?
Why did they have to level the site?
Edit: Post above may explain!

Last edited:
The main reason will be to do with whether the original installers or product would remain under warranty or product guarantee. If the sites been left open to the elements for too long the material can deteriorate meaning the warranty from the designer will be void.

pretty much what i was trying to say.

no way would you turn up to half built construction site and just start working away

They turned over £1billion last year. They have to be very thorough with what works have been carried out to date, correctly. Then report on what they have found and sort the costs. These Tier 1's operating margins are minimal, like 1%. They'll make sure they've got everything boxed off before starting

One last point on the Vaux housing..was just looking through linkedin posts and a 2nd in line contact came up who is a Wates project director who posted a christmas post from the site in December...Ive just messaged him to see whats going on and if they are still on the job! ive tried to assure him that im not looking for company information and im not a rival company looking to take over!

One last point on the Vaux housing..was just looking through linkedin posts and a 2nd in line contact came up who is a Wates project director who posted a christmas post from the site in December...Ive just messaged him to see whats going on and if they are still on the job! ive tried to assure him that im not looking for company information and im not a rival company looking to take over!
Keep us posted if he replies mate.

Back