Vaux new bridge starting in the next few weeks

See they’ve started calling it the high level footbridge. That means the one further up river must be happening. It’ll have to open up somehow so the Hollywood starts can park their yachts outside the studios.
Nah, there's a lower height one very close to this one in all the pictures of the Riverside development. A cycle bridge I think.

The moments that were shared with the nation between Bradley and defoe were amazingly emotional, great care and affection through a horrendous time..this will always be remembered by all..maybe not a bridge to be named but something in time....really think your comment here should have been kept to yourself, callous as fuck in all honesty

its not callous at all. the amount the lad raised for charity both in this life and the next is a testament to him and the people of the region. the Bradley Lowery Foundation is his legacy. a fitting one at that.

i don't really know what the hell a new bridge opened 8 years after his death has to do with him and his family?
i'm nee expert but aren't the two sides supposed to line up?
See they’ve started calling it the high level footbridge. That means the one further up river must be happening. It’ll have to open up somehow so the Hollywood starts can park their yachts outside the studios.

they are calling it high level because its at a high level, surely? its just a working title

Last edited:
its not callous at all. the amount the lad raised for charity both in this life and the next is a testament to him and the people of the region. the Bradley Lowery Foundation is his legacy. a fitting one at that.

i don't really know what the hell a new bridge opened 8 years after his death has to do with him and his family?

i'm nee expert but aren't the two sides supposed to line up?

they are calling it high level because its at a high level, surely? its just a working title
Wouldn’t they just call it the pedestrian bridge if there are no plans for the low level one?

Nah but on some of the CGI’s there is a low level bridge shown up river a bit.

Anar that man ya giant dip stick

I just mean that I don't think the construction companies working title use of 'high level' means that the low level one has been given the nod and is deffo happening.. the two things aren't linked

Not saying we won't get a low level one in the future but given the amount of time that it took to get this one off the ground, plus the regeneration required on the river.banks to justify a low level bridge, I think that one is way way off

I asked in the other thread but may be more appropriate here.

Is this temp structure shown in the video that they’re using to put the foundations in going to be the height of the bridge because that doesn’t look the same height as the Wearmouth Bridge and, if IIRC, that’s height but was going to be?

Is this temp structure shown in the video that they’re using to put the foundations in going to be the height of the bridge because that doesn’t look the same height as the Wearmouth Bridge and, if IIRC, that’s height but was going to be?
No…bridge is higher…that’s just for the footings

No…bridge is higher…that’s just for the footings

Same heighy as wearmouth

I hope they are implementing an on bridge phone ban. The number of fuckers who amble down Sheepfolds wandering from side to side gazing at the phones post match is incredible given the rush to get out of the Stadium.

Back