Vaux new bridge starting in the next few weeks

What that poor boy went through is terrible and I wouldnt wish it on anyone, but I wish people would stop virtue signalling by suggesting that every development in Sunderland, or County Durham is named after him.
The moments that were shared with the nation between Bradley and defoe were amazingly emotional, great care and affection through a horrendous time..this will always be remembered by all..maybe not a bridge to be named but something in time....really think your comment here should have been kept to yourself, callous as fuck in all honesty

The moments that were shared with the nation between Bradley and defoe were amazingly emotional, great care and affection through a horrendous time..this will always be remembered by all..maybe not a bridge to be named but something in time....really think your comment here should have been kept to yourself, callous as fuck in all honesty

It's not callous at all. The lads only connection with sunderland is that be supported the football team. So suggesting naming city infrastructure after him is a bit ridiculous really . It would be more appropriate for something in Blackhall to be named after him.

He's bang on.

Bradley has an excellent foundation which does brilliant work in memory of him.

It's not callous at all. The lads only connection with sunderland is that be supported the football team. So suggesting naming city infrastructure after him is a bit ridiculous really . It would be more appropriate for something in Blackhall to be named after him.
Why was the spire called the spire? Is it because of the shape? I’d rather it was called something with a reference to the area or location. Not sure naming it after the bairn is right but I wouldn’t want a stadium of light shambles again.
Panns
Vaux ( likely trade mark violation)
Sheepfolds
Bishops
Bede

It’s going to get called vauxies by most informally

Why was the spire called the spire? Is it because of the shape? I’d rather it was called something with a reference to the area or location. Not sure naming it after the bairn is right but I wouldn’t want a stadium of light shambles again.
Panns
Sheepfolds
Bishops
Bede

They'll either do as they did for the spire & do something meaningless & generic or it'll be something along the keel theme is my guess.

Panns
Sheepfolds
Bishops
Bede

If you remember there was a vote to decide the type of name the spire should have and by an overwhelming majority the people of Sunderland voted for a historical reference. That however wasn't the answer the council wanted and then promptly ignored it and gave 4 generic names which these days would have probably been produced by AI. They came out with some BS about how the spire shall in"spire" the next generation thus meeting the historical requirement.....

Theres a new street there which has been.

What that poor boy went through is terrible and I wouldnt wish it on anyone, but I wish people would stop virtue signalling by suggesting that every development in Sunderland, or County Durham is named after him.
That's the joke.

The thickos would have the poor buggers name on everything.

See they’ve started calling it the high level footbridge. That means the one further up river must be happening. It’ll have to open up somehow so the Hollywood starts can park their yachts outside the studios.

Back