VARguments

If it’s handball then it’s handball regardless of if it’s a forward or a defender, or are you advocating two different sets of laws?

I'm advocating two sets of laws. It's ridiculous to award a penalty for a handball that is totally accidental. It is also ridiculous to allow a goal to be scored from the benefit of it hitting a players hand. I really don't see the problem.

I'm advocating two sets of laws. It's ridiculous to award a penalty for a handball that is totally accidental. It is also ridiculous to allow a goal to be scored from the benefit of it hitting a players hand. I really don't see the problem.
End of conversation, as we’re never going to agree.

Currently watching MOTD. And guess what? EVERY time a goal was scored, the crowds celebrated as normal.

Almost as if the "You CaNt CeLeBrAtE a GoAl AnYmOrE" brigade are just a bunch of dramatic gimps. #var
VAR is definitely going to have an impact on the crowd. It'll take time but it will.

Definitely wasn't a clear and obvious mistake.
There should be a referee's decision option, as in cricket, when it's so close.
If it's going to be used (which I wish it wasn't) it should only be used if the referee calls for it, not decided by two geezers in a back room somewhere. And this new handball ruling needs to go, it's ridiculous. The ball hits an attacker's hand, unintentionally and despite having no immediate effect a subsequent goal is ruled out. If the same thing occurs anywhere else on the pitch no action is taken and if it happens to a defender in the penalty area no penalty is given! That is utter madness!

Guess it comes down to a individuals opinion.

What is more important more correct decisions or been able to fully celebrate?

Different people will have different views on that.o

Part of the problem I guess is some don't agree with what are deemed correct decisions.

And removing that outpouring of emotion when a goal is scored is to take an important part of the game away IMO.

Last edited:

Different people will have different views on that.

Being able to celebrate all. Take away that and we have no football. Take away VAR and we still have football. It's that simple.
Fans were stung all the time anyway with mistakes by refs, VAR is actually making that happen less!

It’s clear to anyone with a grain of common sense the human eye alone is not enough to keep upwith the modern day pace of football and cheating.

Anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves all evidence shows refs need help.

It’s not trying to be cool at all or controversial it’s just common sense that with VAR you will get less injustices than you did before it.

Every other sport and industry has moved on, apart from football.

I'm not saying fans weren't stung by bad decisions. We were on the receiving end of it plenty. But it's not a trade off where we now have no teams getting stung. It's just as controversial as anything before VAR. The new laws are shit. VAR is shit. It always will be*

*if you are a match going fan who enjoys going absolutely f***ing mental when your team scores.

Last edited:
And we all know what your views are......just saying like.

Yeah I think it’s pretty clear officials need help, think it’s fair to say I have never hid that:D
Being able to celebrate all. Take away that and we have no football. Take away VAR and we still have football. It's that simple.

I'm not saying fans weren't stung by bad decisions. We were on the receiving end of it plenty. But it's not a trade off where we now have no teams getting stung. It's just as controversial as anything before VAR. The new laws are shit. VAR is shit. It always will be*

*if you are a match going fan who enjoys going absolutely f***ing mental when your team scores.

Fans seem to celebrate when a wicket in cricket or a try in Rugby knowing there is the possiblity of it been overturned, why will football be any diffrent?

Pretty sure fans will still celebrate when goal scored

Respect your opinion and don’t want this to sound harsh, but the bigger picture of more decisions been correct is more important than you going f***ing mental tbh. imo.
Part of the problem I guess is some don't agree with what are deemed correct decisions.

And removing that outpouring of emotion when a goal is scored is to take an important part of the game away IMO.

It is I agree, but it can’t be disputed surely that you will get more correct with it than without it?

Last edited:
Yeah I think it’s pretty clear officials need help, think it’s fair to say I have never hid that:D

Fans seem to celebrate when a wicket in cricket or a try in Rugby knowing there is the possiblity of it been overturned, why will football be any diffrent?

Pretty sure fans will still celebrate when goal scored

Respect your opinion and don’t want this to sound harsh, but the bigger picture of more decisions been correct is more important than you going f***ing mental tbh. imo.

It is I agree, but it can’t be disputed surely that you will get more correct with it than without it?

That is not in dispute, but it comes at too high a price.

It's not the same and it's a poor comparison. In cricket you have 10 wickets each per game. In rugby you have an average of 20/30 points scored per game.

Football is the only sport in the world that has the type of explosion of raw emotion like a last minute winner, regularly.

Different people will have different views on that.
Being able to fully celebrate. Anyone who goes to games will agree, sky boys will disagree. The best moments of my life have been the joy at seeing Sunderland score a goal, if that starts getting taken away from me my season ticket is getting cancelled along with Sky, BT and I will take up another interest.

Being able to fully celebrate. Anyone who goes to games will agree, sky boys will disagree. The best moments of my life have been the joy at seeing Sunderland score a goal, if that starts getting taken away from me my season ticket is getting cancelled along with Sky, BT and I will take up another interest.

Exactomundo my friend. Like I said, people who support VAR are doing so to be cool, hipster or controversial. I dont even think they believe it themselves. Or they are Sky fanboys who havent ever stepped foot in a football stadium and probably just support who ever is on the tele. And like all of pogbas photos on instagram. And say things like 'teckers' and 'top bins' .

Back