Vaccine passports for England introduced this month

The etymology of media is from the Latin for medium.

The etymology of government has nothing to do with governing the mind.

You’re just making stuff up!
I think you are misunderstanding. I did not refer to the etymology of media, I just said it is no-coincidence. I should have said, I doubt it is a co-incidence.

Govern is from Latin. Govern comes from Latin gubanare, meaning to steer or to rule. Ment being of the mind in Latin.

You may also want to consider the spectacular lack of evidence that Roman / Greek cultures actually existed. There is very little evidence outside of unsourced 16th century documents. You may also want to consider the notion that history beyond the 19th century is very very very um, sketchy. And like much of history, we don't actually have a great knowledge of where words come from. I think much of our disagreements come from our very comprehension over what this world and experience is all about. I feel you exist firmly in the material, and get your meaning of being from science or what you are told it is. I was like that once but found it a wholly unsatisfactory model for understanding this realm.

You are wearing the reality hat that the english language (all languages) is something that formed organically over history similar to say evolution. However there are also other theories of language and what it is.

Here is an easy to read book a friend of mine wrote. It may be of interest or you may dismiss. The link does look dodgy, but I can assure you it is fine. Spelling / spellcraft, casting a spell. Grammar comes from grimoire blah blah blah.

Whilst this is possibly a little off topic, you may be interested in a history documentary, me and some other historians are currently working on. Here is part 2. Part 1 is just an introduction.

Happy Friday. xxxx

I think you are misunderstanding. I did not refer to the etymology of media, I just said it is no-coincidence. I should have said, I doubt it is a co-incidence.

Govern is from Latin. Govern comes from Latin gubanare, meaning to steer or to rule. Ment being of the mind in Latin.

You may also want to consider the spectacular lack of evidence that Roman / Greek cultures actually existed. There is very little evidence outside of unsourced 16th century documents. You may also want to consider the notion that history beyond the 19th century is very very very um, sketchy. And like much of history, we don't actually have a great knowledge of where words come from. I think much of our disagreements come from our very comprehension over what this world and experience is all about. I feel you exist firmly in the material, and get your meaning of being from science or what you are told it is. I was like that once but found it a wholly unsatisfactory model for understanding this realm.

You are wearing the reality hat that the english language (all languages) is something that formed organically over history similar to say evolution. However there are also other theories of language and what it is.

Here is an easy to read book a friend of mine wrote. It may be of interest or you may dismiss. The link does look dodgy, but I can assure you it is fine. Spelling / spellcraft, casting a spell. Grammar comes from grimoire blah blah blah.

Whilst this is possibly a little off topic, you may be interested in a history documentary, me and some other historians are currently working on. Here is part 2. Part 1 is just an introduction.

Happy Friday. xxxx

What a load of absolute nonsense

What a load of absolute nonsense

Your lack of ability to comprehend ideas outside of your own limited perception of things, is apparent with every post you make.

You never post things constructive, just "nonsense" "littered with mistakes" with no discernible attempt to understand or critically engage. You never ask questions, you just dismiss.

This in itself is indicative of quite a simple mind. Why don't you challenge yourself and try and take ideas new to you on board? Then when you have given them a fair trial dismiss them? That is the pursuit of an intelligent person. I doubt you had time to get through the ideas and concepts in the post above, so to dismiss them out of hand is "a load of absolute nonsense".

Instead you act in a mildly bigoted manner towards people whose views differ to yours. Not that I am calling you a bigot, you seem lovely. More that you seem to act like a bigot sometimes in a completely un self aware manner.

Yet you never apply the "what a load of nonsense" to ideas that you were taught? How come? Is it an ego thing? That is Latin for I. Eye ;)

Your lack of ability to comprehend ideas outside of your own limited perception of things, is apparent with every post you make.

You never post things constructive, just "nonsense" "littered with mistakes" with no discernible attempt to understand or critically engage. You never ask questions, you just dismiss.

This in itself is indicative of quite a simple mind. Why don't you challenge yourself and try and take ideas new to you on board? Then when you have given them a fair trial dismiss them? That is the pursuit of an intelligent person. I doubt you had time to get through the ideas and concepts in the post above, so to dismiss them out of hand is "a load of absolute nonsense".

Instead you act in a mildly bigoted manner towards people whose views differ to yours. Not that I am calling you a bigot, you seem lovely. More that you seem to act like a bigot sometimes in a completely un self aware manner.

Yet you never apply the "what a load of nonsense" to ideas that you were taught? How come? Is it an ego thing? That is Latin for I. Eye ;)

Because your posts are nonsense iirc

"You may also want to consider the spectacular lack of evidence that Roman / Greek cultures actually existed."

Eh? Wtf?

Reminds me of when I was on my lunchbreak and overhead some tartan clad American tourists in Durham discussing the cathedral and the castle - they were wondering who built them. One of them actually speculated on which firm of builders had been employed to do the job.

As I mooched past, I said loud enough for them to hear, "Williams, of Normandy. Very big firm back in their day".

Back