USA 15 dead in Elementary school shooting at Robb elementary school

When he states the mass shooting events, does that actually mean 'mass' or just more than two people or such like?
more than 4 people killed or wounded.
There were many more shooting which involved the death or wounding of 1 - 3 people.
The country is really not fucked.

Stop being brainwashed
As clarified by @AB22, I live in the fucked country.
This is the city we live in:

It also has the most lax gun laws in the USA.
It’s not me that’s brainwashed.

There were many more shooting which involved the death or wounding of 1 - 3 people.

Oh, Chicago, even I know that place is screwed. How come it has the most lax gun laws? I thought it was a Democrat start, how does all this work?
"Not state, city.

Last edited:
It is. @derum and I both live here. We see it first hand

Morning Easy.

I appreciate you live there and obviously have a much better idea than myself, but America fucked? Sorry, but I don't agree.

Why is it fucked?

It's politically divided, like most countries it has obvious issues, but fucked?
My partner is American, I have lived there for a good percentage of my working life and I would say around 50% of my friends are American, we visit at least twice a year, to Chicago and the West Coast. My friends still have the same jobs as they did 20 years ago, some are retired, some have additions to their family, they all go on holiday as per usual, their lives are just normal. They don't own guns, are not rednecks or political activists, just regular folk living their lives like most of us. They love America.

If there was no internet or 24 hour news channels folk would be oblivious to what's going on and their lives would be exactly the same as it was 20 years ago.

America fucked? Give over.

Gun violence is a huge issue, no arguments there. Is it mainly gang related?

Last edited:
Morning Easy.

I appreciate you live there and obviously have a much better idea than myself, but America fucked? Sorry, but I don't agree.

Why is it fucked?

Gun violence is a huge issue, no arguments there. Is it mainly gang related?
It’s not gang related, its the norm, The reason I think its fucked is the brainwashing and lack of critical thinking in the education system.

Lack of critical thinking, as proven by your response.

Interesting read for you:

Appreciate the link. Bit one sided to say the least!

I still don't buy the opinion that America is fucked.
Someone asked about Sheffield but you don’t live there do you?
Not permanently no.

I am in Sheffield now though.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Appreciate the link. Bit one sided to say the least!

I still don't buy the opinion that America is fucked.
other views:

You agree that America is divided on politics, but what about race? Law? Gender? Your “friends” with their same jobs for 20 years are not representative of America, and you visiting twice a year does not give you a better insight than people who have lived there for many years, because you simply are not subjected to the long term repercussions of political/racial/legal/gender based polarisation.
Most Americans will never put their country down in front of foreigners, the myth of “greatest country on earth” is too engrained in most peoples minds.

other views:

You agree that America is divided on politics, but what about race? Law? Gender? Your “friends” with their same jobs for 20 years are not representative of America, and you visiting twice a year does not give you a better insight than people who have lived there for many years, because you simply are not subjected to the long term repercussions of political/racial/legal/gender based polarisation.
Most Americans will never put their country down in front of foreigners, the myth of “greatest country on earth” is too engrained in most peoples minds.

I appreciate the links, but with respect it's just articles rallying against Donald Trump and the Republicans. Not exactly a balanced view now is it!! It's obvious what your political view is.

Why are my friends not representative of America yet others are?

Every single country on this planet has issues with what you mention and I've still yet to hear anything that convinces me that America is fucked.

Back