USA 15 dead in Elementary school shooting at Robb elementary school

could have picked a few threads to put this in but here goes...

It’s fkin heartbreaking watching that. The hard thing is there is the will among the public to change things but American society is very polarised and there isn’t the political guts to lead and implement real change. The NRA have too much influence over senior politicians and to be seen as anti gun much like deviating yourself an atheist is seen as career suicide for any US politician.

It’s fkin heartbreaking watching that. The hard thing is there is the will among the public to change things but American society is very polarised and there isn’t the political guts to lead and implement real change. The NRA have too much influence over senior politicians and to be seen as anti gun much like deviating yourself an atheist is seen as career suicide for any US politician.
That’s the nail on the head there the NRA are disgusting and they’ve made the need to have a gun so ingrained in to the society over there that I really do not think there is any coming back from it.
I do love to visit America and there’s so much of it I still want to see but I just don’t think I could ever settle over there, I’ve been offered jobs over there but I just can’t make myself take them.

God, guns and Donald Trump is the ethos, the identity even of at least 48% of the voting population of the U.S. It’s literally all they have in their lives. I dread to think what the numbers would be when including the non-voters. It’s a broken country, where I truly believe the sheer size of it completely distances most of the population away from these school shootings. It’s just news and statistics, they’re too detached from these events as long as it it outside of their state. It doesn’t feel real to them until it’s their kid, or their neighbour’s kid that’s been obliterated beyond identification by a lone wolf incel using his dad’s “securely stored” AR15. They have members of congress turning up to debates wearing AR15 lapel badges, paid off by the NRA. The country is gone. Sandy Hook didn’t change anything, and even led to people far and wide (including on this very forum) doubting that it even happened. Since that didn’t change anything, nothing will.

The vast majority of Republican voters are normal people. The Democrats have equal number of wackos.
Why did they turn out in record numbers to vote for a fascist rapist with 91 indictments? I’d hate to know what you think is a normal person…

Back