US PGA Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may help mate, but think he needs to take the responsibility for his recent major performances.

The length and the wet course should have played right up his street this week and diffrent caddy or not down to him imo.
Aye I know

I’m convinced an old pro who is not his Bessie mate from growing up may guide, advise and calm Rory marginally better.

Like I say tiny margins is what is needed at that level.

Apologies if seb but why is this US PGA now, always been Masters, US Open, Open PGA?

Change in the schedule. Think the PGA was in danger of being a bit forgotten about as it was last on the rota. This change makes the Open last which won’t harm it at all. The only thing I’d prefer is to see them slightly more spaced out. The Open pushed back till the end of August for instance.

Change in the schedule. Think the PGA was in danger of being a bit forgotten about as it was last on the rota. This change makes the Open last which won’t harm it at all. The only thing I’d prefer is to see them slightly more spaced out. The Open pushed back till the end of August for instance.

Think the fed ex cup play offs on the US tour has become very big and they want a proper full run at that and to avoid that clashing with other sports like American football.

Last edited:
It's also so that they can end the season earlier to avoid a clash between the Tour Championship and the start of the NFL season. Since golf is also now part of the Olympics, they didn't want to have to keep moving it every 4 years for that.

It actually puts me off watching the US majors they are so bad. Woods is arguably the best golfer, certainly in the modern age but his legacy is these daft kernts...
It only seems to be when they're in the New York area that the crowd are like this. It was the same at Shinnecock last year, but the PGA at Bellrive was fine.

The Ryder Cup there is going to be awful, hopefully we can silence them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back