US PGA 2018

It’s not like. 15 - 20 club pros for a starter!
What’s the point
It's the biggest and highest quality field of any of the Majors. Only two of the top 100 in the World Rankings are missing (through injury). The 15 or so club pros are a traditional part of it being the USPGA and the same happens on the European Tour equivalent at Wentworth.

It's the biggest and highest quality field of any of the Majors. Only two of the top 100 in the World Rankings are missing (through injury). The 15 or so club pros are a traditional part of it being the USPGA and the same happens on the European Tour equivalent at Wentworth.
I’ll take the top 50 in the masters marra. All the exemptions and giving places to Mickey Mouse devalues in comparison to the masters.

What happens at wentworth is irrelevant.

I’ll take the top 50 in the masters marra. All the exemptions and giving places to Mickey Mouse devalues in comparison to the masters
The worst invites are handed out by The Masters committee. There are always a few relatively unknown players from the Far East to ensure that Asahi TV etc will continue to pay for the TV rights.

The worst invites are handed out by The Masters committee. There are always a few relatively unknown players from the Far East to ensure that Asahi TV etc will continue to pay for the TV rights.
Nope. Mickey Mouse club pros mate by a country mile

6 or 7 players from Asia in the top 50 man :)

Were these Asians you mention outside the world top 1000. Genuine question

Last edited:
6 or 7 players from Asia in the top 50 man :)

Were these Asians you mention outside the world top 1000. Genuine question
I'm well aware of the former. The likes of Weng Tan Lin have never been or will be household names just like Bob Sowards but Bob has achieved his place in the USPGA on merit as a club professional through regional qualifiers not due to hard cash paid for TV rights.

I'm well aware of the former. The likes of Weng Tan Lin have never been or will be household names just like Bob Sowards but Bob has achieved his place in the USPGA on merit as a club professional through regional qualifiers not due to hard cash paid for TV rights.
Was that one Asian chap! I’ll take that over the exceptions and club pros. But I concede it makes the yanks feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and gives the pga a difference.

I’ll take the top 50 playing an unbelievably tough course ( anything else is an after thought ) but then I suppose that’s all the majors.

Just don’t agree any major really needs some of those on the pga line up. Christ even some of the pros they reeel out.

I don't get all this ranking the majors lark. As far as the players are concerned the next major is the most important. If anything winning one us open, British open and PGA is better than winning three masters as the chances are it will be on three different courses

Tiger back to even

Last edited:
Would love to see poults win. I think Finau is out, trust me to take on someone else's tip though. Looks like I'm left with Leishman and Horschel unless Tiger makes a move.

Finau starts of well with 5 birdies and then buggers it. Tigers on the charge though.

Last edited:
I've downloaded the USPGA app, which has featured groups live coverage and hopefully full coverage over the weekend

Free on Google play store

Back