US Masters 2021

Peoples thoughts on Rose odds before 2nd round?
7/2 before i looked i expected shorter...Paddypower.
I may have a bit of that.

There is a long way to go, no way would I be touching 7/2 with still 3 rounds to go for a player who has played poorly for the last 2 years.

A four shot lead at this stage is very handy, but i know where you are coming from.
Another under par round and his odds will only become shorter.
Well now...

There is a long way to go, no way would I be touching 7/2 with still 3 rounds to go for a player who has played poorly for the last 2 years.
Agreed. I'd love to see this being Rose truly finding his form again, but lots of players find one good round here and there then shoot over par for the rest of the week. Even par from Rose today would see him hold the lead IMHO.

A four shot lead at this stage is very handy, but i know where you are coming from.
Another under par round and his odds will only become shorter.
Well now...
You see it all the time mate in majors players getting great starts then falling away, would certainly want bigger odds at this stage than 7/2.

Of course now I have said that he will probably win by several shots😀!!

Since 1985, there have been 24 players solely held the outright lead after Day One, and only 1 of them has gone on to win.

In 2017, Charley Hoffman was four shots clear at -7 (same as Rose) and there were 11 other players under par (same as this year) and Hoffman finished T22nd.

Not saying Rose doesn’t win (he’s clearly a better player than Hoffman), but he’s been terrible for two years, and 7/2 is not a price I’d take personally.
He also gained 5 strokes putting, and eventually all those 5ft and 10ft birdies that roll in will stop. He’s striking it superbly as well, tbf, but there’s a very good chance his putting really regresses.

(That said, what do I know, I thought Cantlay was gonna win!)

I’m happy as I’ve got Rose, Harman, Hatton all in the top ten for a pay out if they stay there. Got a few just around +1 and +2 who with a decent round will be in the running

Since 1985, there have been 24 players solely held the outright lead after Day One, and only 1 of them has gone on to win.

In 2017, Charley Hoffman was four shots clear at -7 (same as Rose) and there were 11 other players under par (same as this year) and Hoffman finished T22nd.

Not saying Rose doesn’t win (he’s clearly a better player than Hoffman), but he’s been terrible for two years, and 7/2 is not a price I’d take personally.
He also gained 5 strokes putting, and eventually all those 5ft and 10ft birdies that roll in will stop. He’s striking it superbly as well, tbf, but there’s a very good chance his putting really regresses.

(That said, what do I know, I thought Cantlay was gonna win!)

A good few stats in there.
Cheers.
You see it all the time mate in majors players getting great starts then falling away, would certainly want bigger odds at this stage than 7/2.

Of course now I have said that he will probably win by several shots😀!!

Rose has had a rough couple of years, but his game is suited to Augusta.
A small bet then.
Now i have to find a little each way bet as well..😉

Last edited:
A good few stats in there.
Cheers.

Rose has had a rough couple of years, but his game is suited to Augusta.
A small bet then.
Now i have to find a little each way bet as well..😉
Checked bet365 this morning and he was 7/2 checked again there and hes now 4/1 for some reason, stuck a few quid on him. Hopefully he comes good!

Checked bet365 this morning and he was 7/2 checked again there and hes now 4/1 for some reason, stuck a few quid on him. Hopefully he comes good!

Another believer.
Good luck.
Anything can happen as has been said above, Augusta is briilliant tv.

This weekend is a fantastic weekend for sport and those who love a bet.
Grand National and Augusta.
Get up!

That pin on 6 is outrageous like love the day it’s back right is always fun to watch ha
I know it’s been said loads of times but coverage is f***ing stupid, full coverage isn’t until 8pm when there’s some good players out now including the current leader

just watch the 4 5 and 6 coverage that’s where the fun will be

Back