Unsettling of Liverpool Salah has begun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supporting Barcelona (or any foreign team) is something I'll never understand narl like. How can you support a team whilst having zero ties to the place?
I was born in Scotland and brought up in Edinburgh/North Tyneside. I have no ties whatsoever with Sunderland....

Bizarre imo. Why did you pick us? :lol:
My Dad. His Dad was from Jarrow and followed both teams in the 30s and 40s. When my Dad was born (in Cheshire) he made him (and his 3 brothers) support Sunderland.
They ended up living in Whitley Bay, but carried on supporting the lads. Just as my son did, I followed my Dad when I chose my football team/

My Dad. His Dad was from Jarrow and followed both teams in the 30s and 40s. When my Dad was born (in Cheshire) he made him (and his 3 brothers) support Sunderland.
They ended up living in Whitley Bay, but carried on supporting the lads. Just as my son did, I followed my Dad when I chose my football team/
I'm confused. Those are clear ties to Sunderland in my world. :lol:

I'm confused. Those are clear ties to Sunderland in my world. :lol:
The football club, not the place. None of my family were born in Sunderland/County Durham. No one in my family has ever lived in Sunderland.
I only support them because of my Granddad/Dad

The football club, not the place. None of my family were born in Sunderland/County Durham. No one in my family has ever lived in Sunderland.
I only support them because of my Granddad/Dad
Your granddad is from the north-east and supported Sunderland so you have family ties to the club and area. That's not the type of thing I was referring to when I posted yesterday.

Football is fucked up...these days if you do unearth a star at the level in which your team is playing you get about 12 months tops before some other team further up the food chain come in and get him. Gotta think some day the whole thing will implode..

Which is exactly what Liverpool did in the 70s and 80s

#AgainstModernFootball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back