University of Sunderland shortlisted for University of the Year.

If you can call it that, iirc and if you know the building they are closing in the garden area to create a small amount of extra study space no extra bookshelves.

Roof terrace is above Catherine Cookson room.

My understanding is that they are building on the grass section (hopefully) show here

they were drilling in the summer to test the ground for suitability, you can see it'll close up around catherine cookson/roof terrace area and remove the "garden" (bit behind the raise foot bridge that isn't used)

The garden in the library was a suntrap during the summer. It used to be great to get an ice cream and sit there in the sun. It was really quiet as well.

I'm not sure what they're building on the overspill car park in etween the glass centre and the university.

Roof terrace is above Catherine Cookson room.

My understanding is that they are building on the grass section (hopefully) show here

they were drilling in the summer to test the ground for suitability, you can see it'll close up around catherine cookson/roof terrace area and remove the "garden" (bit behind the raise foot bridge that isn't used)
I didn't even realise there was a roof terrace!
The garden in the library was a suntrap during the summer. It used to be great to get an ice cream and sit there in the sun. It was really quiet as well.

I'm not sure what they're building on the overspill car park in etween the glass centre and the university.
They're not building there as far as I know, they were just using it while repairs were carried out on the media centre

Correct, they replaced the roof on the Media Centre following storm damage, they used the bottom of the car park and that messy area behind the Cycle Hub.

Back