University of Sunderland shortlisted for University of the Year.

Kingdom Bhoy

Striker
University of Sunderland named among six shortlisted for University of the Year
Sunderland's university has been named among the very best in the country after making it to the shortlist of a prestigious national award.

The University of Sunderland has been shortlisted as University of the Year, the leading category in THE – Times Higher Education – annual awards for 2021.

Read more University of Sunderland named among six shortlisted for University of the Year

Sunderland's university has been named among the very best in the country after making it to the shortlist of a prestigious national award.

The University of Sunderland has been shortlisted as University of the Year, the leading category in THE – Times Higher Education – annual awards for 2021.

Read more University of Sunderland named among six shortlisted for University of the Year
Interesting considering the slaughter of subjects in the years after it converted from a polytechnic.

But if they've turned things around, fair enough.

Now could they offer advice to their neighbours at the SOL?

Interesting considering the slaughter of subjects in the years after it converted from a polytechnic.

But if they've turned things around, fair enough.

Now could they offer advice to their neighbours at the SOL?
I think the shortlisting is based more on what they’re doing now to the benefit of the local area rather than the probably rational business decisions of the last 30 years.

It’ll not win that.

What is it they are claiming to be good at? Looks like you can enter for this award on the basis of anything you think you do well. For example, Glasgow won it last year for an innovative approach to making reparations for its involvement in the slave trade. What is it that Sunderland are claiming to do better than others? The video on the THE awards website seems to be revolving about that ridiculous "we know our place" slogan. So their pitch revolves around not getting too uppity.

What is it they are claiming to be good at? Looks like you can enter for this award on the basis of anything you think you do well. For example, Glasgow won it last year for an innovative approach to making reparations for its involvement in the slave trade. What is it that Sunderland are claiming to do better than others? The video on the THE awards website seems to be revolving about that ridiculous "we know our place" slogan. So their pitch revolves around not getting too uppity.
Some of the measurements are cost of living and that's why Sunderland can. Score highly

Some of the measurements are cost of living and that's why Sunderland can. Score highly
I don't think they are, I think for this particular award you pitch for whatever it is that you think sets your institution apart. So cost of living would only come into it if that's what you were pitching for. Sunderland appear to be pitching on the basis of this "knowing our place" schtik.

As far as I can tell anyway.

The University of Sunderland has been ranked among the best in the world.

For the first time, the University has made it into the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2023.

Sunderland has been ranked between 1001-1200 out of 1799 Institutions across the world.

The University scored particularly well in the International Outlook category, scoring a ranking of 347 and slotting into the top 75% of global universities.

The University of Sunderland has been ranked among the best in the world.

For the first time, the University has made it into the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2023.

Sunderland has been ranked between 1001-1200 out of 1799 Institutions across the world.

The University scored particularly well in the International Outlook category, scoring a ranking of 347 and slotting into the top 75% of global universities.
I used to work for them, absolute joke!

So did I and I and still do part time love the place.
The head honchos who make all the decisions are utter numpties.

I.T. alone is being run by a complete sociopath, who has stabbed many a former colleagues in the back, then virtually pushed them out of the door ASAP and climbed the greasy pole in the process.

The clique clinging onto his/her coat tails are nauseous. But...... if you're in the clique, happy days, you get all the good jobs going irrelevant of how shit you are. If you're not, watch your back.

The nob is just biding his/her time before sticking the bayonet into their head of service, obvs in the hope of jumping into the void. The sad part is the HoS can't see it coming!

The head honchos who make all the decisions are utter numpties.

I.T. alone is being run by a complete sociopath, who has stabbed many a former colleagues in the back, then virtually pushed them out of the door ASAP and climbed the greasy pole in the process.

The clique clinging onto his/her coat tails are nauseous. But...... if you're in the clique, happy days, you get all the good jobs going irrelevant of how shit you are. If you're not, watch your back.

The nob is just biding his/her time before sticking the bayonet into their head of service, obvs in the hope of jumping into the void. The sad part is the HoS can't see it coming!

I think you need to chill.

Back