Universal Credit

• Thread starter Deleted member 20720
  • Start date
So you don't agree Osbourne was wrong to wipe off 2 billion of UC and make low paid workers worse off.

Or that's it wrong some people transferring over to UC from tax credits could be worse off.

Must admit that surprises me
You know I'm laughing at you trying to say IDS resigned because of Osbournes cuts, UC is doing everything it was designed to do, cut benefits, there was plenty of warnings from people who read the legislation before it was introduced, there is no "could" lose money people are losing money, exactly what it was designed to do, even Mcvey admitted it the other day, it needs to be scrapped. Shit idea thought up by shit people.

You know I'm laughing at you trying to say IDS resigned because of Osbournes cuts, UC is doing everything it was designed to do, cut benefits, there was plenty of warnings from people who read the legislation before it was introduced, there is no "could" lose money people are losing money, exactly what it was designed to do, even Mcvey admitted it the other day, it needs to be scrapped. Shit idea thought up by shit people.

That's not want I am debating, what I am saying is that before that budget people on UC would have been better off and Osbourne cuts meant that UC became less generous that is simply a fact.

At the time and ever since then IDS has said that was the wrong thing to do that is a fact as well.

I what have thought you would have agreed with me that Osbourne was wrong to make them cuts?

That's not want I am debating, what I am saying is that before that budget people on UC would have been better off and Osbourne cuts meant that UC became less generous that is simply a fact.

At the time and ever since then IDS has said that was the wrong thing to do that is a fact as well.
IDS is a bare faced liar, that is a fact anarl.

One of the big kickers was removing the work allowance. At first you could earn £110 a month before any effect on your UC. This was great as it allowed people to take a risk on a low hours contract to get their foot in the door. Now the taper starts with all earnings.

One of the big kickers was removing the work allowance. At first you could earn £110 a month before any effect on your UC. This was great as it allowed people to take a risk on a low hours contract to get their foot in the door. Now the taper starts with all earnings.

Exactly that is what I was talking about when I mentioned Osbourne cutting this.

It was the wrong thing to do as it goes against what they were saying about making work pay.

Back