Unfunny tv shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

So far we've had The Office, I'm Alan Partridge, Fawlty Towers and Curb Your Enthusiasm mentioned ffs :lol:

Curb is funny in small doses I find. However it can be agonising to watch and some of the hair-trigger offendable characters in the show make me angry! The show with the "beloved *unt" typo in the obituaries column of the newspaper was a classic example: very funny but the over-reaction of the family was unfeasible. I think one of the key qualities of good sitcom is that it could be believable. This convention obviously does not apply to absurd sitcom such as The Young Ones which is based on unbelievable events happening. One Foot In The Grave was hilarious because, at a stretch, some of the situations Victor got himself into were actually possible.

End of waffle!

Baffling how some people can just throw a blanket saying "any american comedy" when they've given us stuff like

Cheers
MASH
Seinfeld
Simpsons
Family Guy
Happy Days
Soap
Frasier
Larry Sanders Show
Friends
South Park
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Scrubs
Arrested Development
Its always sunny in philadelphia
Parks and Recreation
Modern Family
Entourage
Community
Archer
Taxi
Louie
Married with Children
Veep
Police Squad

Guess some people just dont know how to laugh

Presumably people who say that have seen half an episode of Two and a Half Men or Big Bang Theory and just judged everything on that.

Although I'm going to have to pull you up on including Entourage on that list ;)

Presumably people who say that have seen half an episode of Two and a Half Men or Big Bang Theory and just judged everything on that.

Although I'm going to have to pull you up on including Entourage on that list ;)
Well I couldnt get a 100% success rate for everyone!

What was wrong with entourage?? Admittedly it got totally ridiculous towards the end and the film was shite but it was very good at the start.

I think some people don't really get that the jokes are deliberately crap. It's not a world beater but it's entertaining enough in a groan-along kind of way. It was better when Miranda Hart was in it though.*

*This should in no way be taken as an endorsement of Miranda.
Not Going Out used to be a good show. That last series was well below par mind.

People including Curb in this list need a good shoeing.

Finally, has anyone mentioned Citizen Khan? I don’t mind Adil Ray as it happens but that is just woeful. People Just Do Nothing isn’t a lot better either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back