Unfunny tv shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed.

Said this a few years ago to someone who loved it. They got a bit nasty and said I obviously wasn't intelligent enough to understand the humour :lol:

It's about as intelligent as a f***ing broken light bulb :lol:

Reminds me of 3rd Rock From The Sun. You can see the joke setting up and the punchline a mile off, pure shit.

I'll get hammered for this but I never liked Shooting Stars.

Or Happy Days.

Reminds me of 3rd Rock From The Sun. You can see the joke setting up and the punchline a mile off, pure shit.

I'll get hammered for this but I never liked Shooting Stars.

Or Happy Days.
When big bang started it was canny - four nerds with no chance with the ladies one who couldn't even speak in front of them...
....now its four rich as fuck blokes all with nice lasses - not that funny!

Mind you I love Miranda. :lol:
Big clumsy lass - funny
Breaking fourth wall - funny
Eric Morecambeish - funny
Sally Phillips - always funny
Her mum - funny
Yes its a bit cosy and middle class but so what

I'd never met anybody who doesn't like Friends until I started posting on the SMB. One of the all time greats IMO. It had a bit of a dip around series 4/5 but pulled itself back and the "Owen doesn't know he's adopted" scene is one of my all time favourite comedy scenes.

I never found Chewin The Fat funny, which is strange because I love Still Games

Another vote for Mrs Brown's Boys, Miranda and Big Bang Theory here.

Finally, there was a BBC sitcom starring Brian Cox (the actor not the astronomy bloke) called Bob Servant that was set and filmed in my hometown. It somehow ran for 2 series (probably because the entire population of Broughty Ferry persevered with just in case they spotted someone they knew in the background) and was horrendously unfunny!

The Thin Blue Line
Brittas Empire
Red Dwarf
Dads Army
Porridge
Open All Hours
Still Open All Hours
One Foot In The Grave
Keeping Up Appearances
Dinner Ladies
Miranda
Mrs Brown Boys
Some Mothers Do Ave Em
Derek
Chef
Friends
Any US comedy
The Good Life
Yes, Prime Minister

I'd never met anybody who doesn't like Friends until I started posting on the SMB. One of the all time greats IMO. It had a bit of a dip around series 4/5 but pulled itself back and the "Owen doesn't know he's adopted" scene is one of my all time favourite comedy scenes.

I never found Chewin The Fat funny, which is strange because I love Still Games

Another vote for Mrs Brown's Boys, Miranda and Big Bang Theory here.

Finally, there was a BBC sitcom starring Brian Cox (the actor not the astronomy bloke) called Bob Servant that was set and filmed in my hometown. It somehow ran for 2 series (probably because the entire population of Broughty Ferry persevered with just in case they spotted someone they knew in the background) and was horrendously unfunny!
I watched Bob Servant as I've always liked Brian Cox (the best Hannibal Lector) but it was, sadly, dire.
*I've never ever liked Friends. Couldn't even watch a complete episode.

Baffling how some people can just throw a blanket saying "any american comedy" when they've given us stuff like

Cheers
MASH
Seinfeld
Simpsons
Family Guy
Happy Days
Soap
Frasier
Larry Sanders Show
Friends
South Park
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Scrubs
Arrested Development
Its always sunny in philadelphia
Parks and Recreation
Modern Family
Entourage
Community
Archer
Taxi
Louie
Married with Children
Veep
Police Squad

Guess some people just dont know how to laugh

The Big Bang theory

I have tried to watch Big Bang Theory on about five occasions and I just don't think it is any good or funny in the slightest, then the fans say you have to be clever to understand it. No, you have to create a line or a moment that makes my brain go aye thats funny and then laugh. I haven't laughed once.

So far we've had The Office, I'm Alan Partridge, Fawlty Towers and Curb Your Enthusiasm mentioned ffs :lol:

All that is missing is Only Fools...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back