Unfunny tv shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Going Out used to be a good show. That last series was well below par mind.

People including Curb in this list need a good shoeing.

Finally, has anyone mentioned Citizen Khan? I don’t mind Adil Ray as it happens but that is just woeful. People Just Do Nothing isn’t a lot better either.

So far this thread has nominated Blackadder, Porridge, Father Ted, Curb, The Office, OFAH and every single American sit com as being unfunny so I wouldn't let it get to you.

I can't agree about PJDN though. It's very funny and incredibly well observed.

So far this thread has nominated Blackadder, Porridge, Father Ted, Curb, The Office, OFAH and every single American sit com as being unfunny so I wouldn't let it get to you.

I can't agree about PJDN though. It's very funny and incredibly well observed.

The Office is brilliant both US and UK

This times one million.

Walliams is just vile, really gives me the creeps. :evil:

This makes anything you post in future irrelevant.. How have you made it to striker? :eek:

;)
I've been saying that for years. I find him really really skin crawly creepy. :mad:

Curb is funny in small doses I find. However it can be agonising to watch and some of the hair-trigger offendable characters in the show make me angry! The show with the "beloved *unt" typo in the obituaries column of the newspaper was a classic example: very funny but the over-reaction of the family was unfeasible. I think one of the key qualities of good sitcom is that it could be believable. This convention obviously does not apply to absurd sitcom such as The Young Ones which is based on unbelievable events happening. One Foot In The Grave was hilarious because, at a stretch, some of the situations Victor got himself into were actually possible.

End of waffle!
I caught a couple of One Foot in the Grave episodes a few months back and was surprised at how good it was. Could also be because I've aged and turned into a female Victor! :D

Last edited:
I've been saying that for years. I find him really really skin crawly creepy. :mad:

I caught a couple of One Foot in the Grave episodes a few months back and was surprised at how good it was. Could also be because I've aged and turned into a female Victor! :D

I must admit I often nowadays find myself muttering inside my head "I don't believe it!!!!"

Well I couldnt get a 100% success rate for everyone!

What was wrong with entourage?? Admittedly it got totally ridiculous towards the end and the film was shite but it was very good at the start.

Nothing wrong with it really, just personally wouldn't have included it on a list with most of the shows you mentioned.

The Rock's tv show Ballers reminds me of Entourage quite a bit.

People who have said Curb cant have watched it all like :lol:
I watched about 6 episodes and it had some funny moments in it but just wasn't for me.

I think a blanket hatred of American comedy is pointless, anything with canned laughter is for the most part shite aye , but there are some genuinely funny American shows which for the most part seem to be about allowing a joke to run fluidly rather than having it as a cheap throwaway 2 second gag.
Its pretty much why the first six series of The Simpsons are better than everything that came after it.

Notably The Office US (after series 1) Parks and Recreation, Arrested Development and It's always Sunny in Philadelphia, no quick cheap jokes but comedy designed to have a bit of time for exposition of lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back