Unexpected bills just before xmas

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
She went into the back of someone. 12k was the cost of the damage.

Hyundai Santa Fe. Two years old and the insurance company have written it off.

I’ve a right fight in my hands trying to get the vehicles true valuation:(
That’s always a tough fight, one you’ll most likely not win either.

If you’ve got a banger you’ll probably click, if you’ve got something quite new the depreciation takes care of making sure you’re out of pocket.

This is where GAP insurance is good but it’s like PPI, is the risk greater than the reward.

think yourself lucky, i've just had to get a new egr valve, maf sensor, 2 cats and a dpf for mine and it's still not fettled.
my next car's going to be something old with none of this environmentally friendly bollocks on it.
Would be nice to have the choice marra.

Just did me tax online the other night and due £900 back. But won't see that for a while.

£280 for new clutch on wife's car. £550 for work on mine but won't be till after Xmas.

My car is in the garage in bits at the moment. Was fearing the worst of a £1000 bill for clutch/flywheel and timing belt but warranty have covered it thankfully. Cannot wait to drive a car that hasn’t got any problems for a change :lol:

Wife's car mot fail £370 to fix
Probably got about a grand coming up for a multi car policy for 3 cars all due together, but obviously that isn't unexpected, I've been dreading it

My car is in the garage in bits at the moment. Was fearing the worst of a £1000 bill for clutch/flywheel and timing belt but warranty have covered it thankfully. Cannot wait to drive a car that hasn’t got any problems for a change :lol:

Back