Unexpected bills just before xmas

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Our last credit card bill was way bigger than expected. That was because some twat had made a fraudulant purchase on our card. £1300. Been sorted now though. Didn't bother me much, but had her sweating a bit, mainly because she handles all the money matters and just doles out a pittance now and then for my pocket money.

Some twat has taken the wing mirror off our lasses car during the night. Looking at replacements the cheapest I can see on eBay is £90-odd quid. Could do without that.

Some twat has taken the wing mirror off our lasses car during the night. Looking at replacements the cheapest I can see on eBay is £90-odd quid. Could do without that.

Someone hit my wing mirror in a car park and broke the plastic cover that goes over the indicator. Must have known they'd hit it as the mirror was folded in but no details were left. Think I can fix it myself but haven't looked into how much the part will cost yet. Hopefully not a lot though.

I have to renew my Professional Accountancy Body subscription every year in December (£470). They used to let you spread it over 4 months by DD but 2 years ago they changed it to annual DD without telling anyone until the final screen of the renewal form. I phoned them up and lay on the guilt trip about having 2 pre-school kids in full time childcare and they sprung this on me right before Christmas - I managed to get the 4 instalments reinstated. They still don’t advertise this option though.

Someone hit my wing mirror in a car park and broke the plastic cover that goes over the indicator. Must have known they'd hit it as the mirror was folded in but no details were left. Think I can fix it myself but haven't looked into how much the part will cost yet. Hopefully not a lot though.
Pain in the arse innit. I haven't seen the car yet because she didn't notice until somewhere between home and work :rolleyes: but I found the glass and backplate on the road. Hoping the plastic part is still attached, then it's just the glass part to replace.

Had to get a plumber out to fix the sink yesterday. It's half fixed, he's coming back to finish it tomorrow. Not sure if/what it's gonna cost me like. :confused:

Back