Uk Office or US Office ?

Both excellent and both very different.

Get passed the first episode of the US version and maybe even the first season and you’ll see a totally different tv show. It’s my favorite comedy tv show and it’s pretty much on a loop in the background of my life
"There's been a rape up there"

Then the face on the instructor :lol:
Go get the guitar

Last edited:
I just think generally we have a different sense of humour
US would never get UK Office
Friends apart I don’t find US humour amusing
The Americans loved Benny Hill. . .

Humour does travel though and there are few better comedy series' for me than Cheers and back to The Phil Silvers Show.

Aside from a couple of episodes I wasn't in the mood for I've only seen the UK The Office but I'll watch the U.S. one at some point

My favourite UK TV sitcoms are probably Porridge, The Likely Lads, Steptoe & Son, Father Ted and Black Books, but there are loads more. I can't imagine a U.S. Spaced or Father Ted. American shows often have a broader approach while British shows celebrate the small scale parochialism.

If you have only watched the first few episodes of the US version, give it another go. When it is trying to make a remake of the Ricky Gervais version in the first season, and Michael Scott is a nasty piece of work, it is rubbish. But over time it finds its feet and becomes something else entirely. They are very different shows, that happen to be set in offices.
The original is perfect. Love it.

US version is an easy watch, also love that.
This and that

The UK office is a seminal sitcom that did change the comedy landscape, but it is also a little bit overrated. People forget that the type of fly on the wall documentary it was satirising made up every third show on English TV at the time, and it wasn't even the first programme taking the piss out of the genre.
The was a police one a year or 2 before the office called operation good guys that I thought was brilliant. Surprising that you never see it on uk gold.

US one by a country mile. However they should’ve stopped when Steve Carrell left or avoided the horrible Robert California and Will Ferrell storylines. Bit more of Dwight as manager would have sufficed.
The Will Ferrell character was terrible, I always miss those out.

Also the Jack Black episode when he was dating that older woman was bizarre.

US version.

After season 2 it's fantastic. They must have had a contractual agreement to follow the script of the UK one which didn't quite work.

When that's done, the characters really develop and it becomes it's own show.

Sort of sums up the 2 countries for me. We have a good idea make a couple of series of excellent tv, then knock it on the head before it goes stale. The Americans knick it and make 1000 episodes.

I put off watching the US one for years as just didn't think it would be as good.
First couple of episodes were meh but then for the next few series it was just absolutely spectacular and imo better than the UK one.
Not as good once carrell left though.

Back