Uk Office or US Office ?

Knows ^

Probably their best ever export ?
It's absolutely shite. There are entire episodes without a single laugh in them.

The US produces lots of comedy TV series' that are up there alongside the best of British comedy, but Friends isn't one of them.

American one is good after it moves away from the cover version of the uk one. Quality dipped in later series though it still had moments.

Uk original absolutely class. One of the best sitcoms ever made.

It's absolutely shite. There are entire episodes without a single laugh in them.

The US produces lots of comedy TV series' that are up there alongside the best of British comedy, but Friends isn't one of them.
Well it’s the most popular international regardless of what you think
What would you say in your expert opinion is better ?

UK is better written, more cringe and emotionally engaging.

US version is longer and much easier watching.
UK is exceptional, harrowing viewing for me. Much better than the US version critically but I do find the US version far more pleasant to watch and love Shroot and the longer storylines.

So UK hands down better but US easier I agree.

UK is exceptional, harrowing viewing for me. Much better than the US version critically but I do find the US version far more pleasant to watch and love Shroot and the longer storylines.

So UK hands down better but US easier I agree.
The Seinfeld mantra "no hugging, no learning". Its funnier when a comedy is cold and hard. Although the uk office had touching moments (brent sacked, tim and dawn), it was mainly funny and lacking sentimentality.
US version you're tricked into rooting for the characters whereas with the uk one they're all there to be laughed at. Some even unlikable.

Much funnier when they're a bunch of shitbags or dickheads, like seinfeld, always sunny, curb, office, fawlty towers, blackadder and so on.
Feeling empathy and emotion towards a sitcom character is a mugs game

They’re very different. The UK version has far fewer episodes but all are brilliant, whereas the US version has perhaps 3-4 very good series out of 9. It’s one of those shows like Parks & Rec where there’s a real drop in quality as it goes on.

Only ever watched the episodes people are saying I need to get past in the US version; never have tried it again. The UK version is brilliant, the writing and gags are great but the subtly of reactions and expressions are class.

It really doesn't, mind.

Friends is one of the few US comedies that I've actually laughed at and laughed throughout every single episode. Some are better than others but there's laughs in every one.

Modern family is probably the most consistent US comedy over a long run.

Back on topic. Uk one each episode plus the special are excellent

Us one 1st and last series were awful, but the rest were top tv.

Back