UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

“There's no coming back from that," the American added. "He was saying he was going to murder me, that I'd leave here in a coffin. You don't talk like that about people. I hope he gets home safe to his beautiful family."

That’s the difference between the two men. I know that McGregor has a character for the media and he’s a showman but behind all of that, he is actually a horrible bastard as well. Awful bloke.

3 defeats in 4. 1 win in 5 years.

Not a massive UFC fan, but hope that’s the end of the horrible twat.
Can’t see him coming back now. That injury is going to mean a year off at least surely. He will be even less relevant by then. There will always be money to be made from fighting him which always means it’s possible but not sure why he would want to now.

The UFC is a fight business but it has to be promoted to become as big as it is. Conor McGregor has been one of the biggest faces for pulling power into the money.
If he had zero trash talk he'd be just another contender earning decent money, not phenomenal money.

Some of the stuff he's been saying has been well below the belt, lately.
He hasn't done himself any favours in terms of endearing himself to his own fans with those outbursts.

But, like everything, there is always the villain or the few villains. McGregor has stood out as the showman villain who came across as a person who basically talked the talk and walked the walk, kind of thing.

He's been struggling to talk the talk just as much as walking the walk.
I think his career is over in that sport, as in serious contending.
People will not get onboard with his gab barring the ardent fans he has.

There's absolutely no need to bring fighters families into any trash talking.
Poirier came out of the fight looking slick with his words for Conor and his family to get home safe and simply said a few words about Conor, saying "he's a dirtbag."

I've loved the McGregor trash talking and his fights for long enough but enough's enough now.
I think the scripted entertainment business would be a better suit now with the Jake Paul's and what not, where the trash talking becomes a bit more even.

The UFC is a fight business but it has to be promoted to become as big as it is. Conor McGregor has been one of the biggest faces for pulling power into the money.
If he had zero trash talk he'd be just another contender earning decent money, not phenomenal money.

Some of the stuff he's been saying has been well below the belt, lately.
He hasn't done himself any favours in terms of endearing himself to his own fans with those outbursts.

But, like everything, there is always the villain or the few villains. McGregor has stood out as the showman villain who came across as a person who basically talked the talk and walked the walk, kind of thing.

He's been struggling to talk the talk just as much as walking the walk.
I think his career is over in that sport, as in serious contending.
People will not get onboard with his gab barring the ardent fans he has.

There's absolutely no need to bring fighters families into any trash talking.
Poirier came out of the fight looking slick with his words for Conor and his family to get home safe and simply said a few words about Conor, saying "he's a dirtbag."

I've loved the McGregor trash talking and his fights for long enough but enough's enough now.
I think the scripted entertainment business would be a better suit now with the Jake Paul's and what not, where the trash talking becomes a bit more even.

I personally think he comes back in a year and gets a title shot if Poirier is champion.

Gets beat, then fights Nate Diaz, gets beat again and then goes to boxing, fights Jake Paul and then has been boxers until be retires.

I personally think he comes back in a year and gets a title shot if Poirier is champion.

Gets beat, then fights Nate Diaz, gets beat again and then goes to boxing, fights Jake Paul and then has been boxers until be retires.
You could well be right.
I think it'll depend on how the UFC carries on without him.

I certainly wouldn't bet against what you've said but I'm not so sure McGregor can come back from this to be any real contender in the serious game.

Only time will tell.

Can’t see him coming back now. That injury is going to mean a year off at least surely. He will be even less relevant by then. There will always be money to be made from fighting him which always means it’s possible but not sure why he would want to now.

The injury isn’t as bad as it looks. Alot of people are saying Tib/Fib which means ironically the ground and pound was keeping pressure of it but when he stood up it completely gave way.

He could be back by December if he wanted but I suspect he’ll be taking time out to work to develop some sort of skillset other than having a nice catalog of kicks

Think there was only one winner looking at that first round. Such an unfortunate end to the fight and not a definitive end.
I can see him coming back but doubt itlll be a Dustin fight, unless Dustin goes on to win the title and they do a 4th :lol:

Felt in the build up Mcgregor was mentally gone...searching for something to cling onto, trying to find a mentality of 2015. Looked like neither he nor Poirier believed a word of the threats he was making & it's culminated in the embarrassing post-fight interview where he has nowhere to go but pitch for a street fight.

A big fan of his rise to the top, but IMO he is done now & better to actually retire than take yet another loss.

Christ your wife is in my DM’s, and called her a hoe. The crowd went silent.

As hard as he tries, the nice guy, the mystic mac. Underneath it all, he’s just a chavvy cûnt.
hasnt won a fight in 5 years.
Does anyone else get the feeling that John Kavanagh and Conor don’t see eye to eye anymore? Kinda like John has just let him do his own thing. They 100% aren’t as close anymore, John was more like a 3rd man in the corner last night looking at that.
either way it’s just a huge, huge fall from grace.

Last edited:
You could well be right.
I think it'll depend on how the UFC carries on without him.

I certainly wouldn't bet against what you've said but I'm not so sure McGregor can come back from this to be any real contender in the serious game.

Only time will tell.
Agree that’s why it won’t happen imo, he would surely need at least 2 wins over good opponents to be even considered as a title contender. Realistically even if he could do that and I’m not sure he could, we are probably looking at another 2/2.5 years minimum. He will be 34/35 by then and probably worth hundreds of millions more.

Agree that’s why it won’t happen imo, he would surely need at least 2 wins over good opponents to be even considered as a title contender. Realistically even if he could do that and I’m not sure he could, we are probably looking at another 2/2.5 years minimum. He will be 34/35 by then and probably worth hundreds of millions more.

Dana pretty much confirmed a 4th fight even if Poirier is champion

Did he? Seems ridiculous to give him a Title shot but I guess money talks. That’s probably a year away at least a lot can happen in that time.

Dana never makes fights after a fight just happened and in the press conference he said "they've got to do it again" lol

He did say the landscape can change but pretty much if Poirier is champion at the time of his return I think he'll get it, ppv wise he will still be the biggest draw even though he doesn't deserve a title shot

Back