UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

Poirier Vs McGregor predictions?

Go

Poirier.

2 reasons, McGregor only gets to Vegas on Wednesday, not enough time to acclimate and looks like all he has done is ride is bike again.

Dunno when someone will tell him riding a bike isn't a substitute for running.

I reckon he will gas early because of the above.

1 positive is he has ditched his boxing coach and has solely focused on mma and that bouncy in and out style which will help

Last edited:
The worst kept secret made official today.

Gane v Lewis for interim.

it’s interim because NGannous agent is holding out for the Jones fight. If you refuse to fight as a champion you should be stripped end of, both Gane and Lewis have every right to challenge on merit
f***ing stupid. He last fought in March. Not long enough to declare an interim champ.
Poirier Vs McGregor predictions?

Go
Not a prediction but I want McGreg:cool:r to lose so hard. Mans a dick. Hopefully that would be the end of him.

Last edited:
Poirier.

2 reasons, McGregor only gets to Vegas on Wednesday, not enough time to acclimate and looks like all he has done is ride is bike again.

Dunno when someone will tell him riding a bike isn't a substitute for running.

He has his own conditioning company, I think he knows more than the most of us!

Besides bike running is what you call active recovery where you stop the the muscles from seizing up the next day, the main source of cardio used nowadays is treadmill on max speed and max incline 1 minute sets 1 minute rest, alot easier on the joints and ligaments and exclusively used against people who like to shoot so you can use the burst energy in the muscles to reverse out of half guard/full guard.

Besides bike running is what you call active recovery where you stop the the muscles from seizing up the next day, the main source of cardio used nowadays is treadmill on max speed and max incline 1 minute sets 1 minute rest, alot easier on the joints and ligaments and exclusively used against people who like to shoot so you can use the burst energy in the muscles to reverse out of half guard/full guard.
Aye the McGregorFAST program is quite brutal apparently, he’s always struggled with stamina so I think his only hope is if he catches Dustin early and doesn’t let him recover, I think Poirier will take it to the ground mind, however Conor’s ground game isn’t as bad as everyone says.

He has his conditioning company yet gasses in almost every fight, what does that tell you?

Those with high stamina run.

He has his conditioning company yet gasses in almost every fight, what does that tell you?

Those with high stamina run.

That he puts too much into his attacks early on, if you look at the best conditioned people out there - Nate Diaz, Tony Ferguson etc they don’t blitz it from the 1st round.
McGregors 1st loss against Diaz was purely blamed on that.

Running only helps to a certain degree, but it’s more weight perspective than actual cardio but more importantly it does absolutely fuck all for your shoulders and your triceps which is the muscle groups used when throwing a punch.

Literally all the fighters do the treadmill route for a very good reason.Jones posted a video 2 weeks ago smashing it at 30mph. Are you gonna tell him he’s doing it wrong also?

That he puts too much into his attacks early on, if you look at the best conditioned people out there - Nate Diaz, Tony Ferguson etc they don’t blitz it from the 1st round.

Running only helps to a certain degree, but it’s more weight perspective than actual cardio but more importantly it does absolutely fuck all for your shoulders and your triceps which is the muscle groups used when throwing a punch.

Literally all the fighters do the treadmill route for a very good reason.Jones posted a video 2 weeks ago smashing it at 30mph. Are you gonna tell him he’s doing it wrong also?
20mph. Still fast like.

Not sure why you would think running doesn't include treadmill.

The treadmill is running so that is correct.

McGregor appears to cycle the majority for his cardio.

If he had better cardio his movement would still help massively even when his arms are gassed.

When he is fucked off throwing punches he can't move his legs which suggests it is his cardio.

Ferguson and Diaz do an unbelievable amount of running, on the road or treadmill which gives the same result, excellent cardio.

Not sure why you would think running doesn't include treadmill.

The treadmill is running so that is correct.

McGregor appears to cycle the majority for his cardio.

If he had better cardio his movement would still help massively even when his arms are gassed.

When he is fucked off throwing punches he can't move his legs which suggests it is his cardio.

Ferguson and Diaz do an unbelievable amount of running, on the road or treadmill which gives the same result, excellent cardio.

Why even bother trying to argue when you don't even know the difference between cardio and conditioning.

Yikes.
Running max speed inclined is not a cardio exercise, it's a strength and conditioning exercise.

If you want arms rowing machine, military presses, battle ropes, skipping, clean and press, sledge pulls, more sparring rounds. Neither which involve running on a flat surface.

Last edited:
Why even bother trying to argue when you don't even know the difference between cardio and conditioning.

Yikes.
Running max speed inclined is not a cardio exercise, it's a strength and conditioning exercise.

If you want arms rowing machine, military presses, battle ropes, skipping, clean and press, sledge pulls, more sparring rounds. Neither which involve running on a flat surface.

Where did I even mention running on Incline?

Yes cycling and running are cardio, do you even know why cardio is important for fighters?

More of a discussion for the exercise forum so will leave it there but yes you made up points that I never said and missed the point I was making.

Conor will take a scientific approach to his Cardio and conditioning but his fight style and to an extent genetics play a big part in why he gasses. It isn't because he isn't well prepared.

Anyway. This is quite a weird build up piece. True Geordie involved.

Conor will take a scientific approach to his Cardio and conditioning but his fight style and to an extent genetics play a big part in why he gasses. It isn't because he isn't well prepared.

Anyway. This is quite a weird build up piece. True Geordie involved.

They talk about cycling etc in that video. Darren Tills quote "I don't buy in to the McGregor fast system for fighting, he needs to be running"

The presser was pretty cringe, trying to give off the 2016 McGregor vibes which died when he tried being nice to people. He's completely lost the intimidation aura since he started the nice guy persona

Even the press started roasting him "You've only 1 fight since Obama was president" :D :D

Last edited:

Back